Mi Robot vacuum

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

Re: Mi Robot vacuum

Postby NeilF » June 11th, 2018, 1:04 pm

wassct wrote:
NeilF wrote:
wassct wrote:Hi all! I have had my vacuum for a few months now without a problem and I love it! Today when I went to use it I could no longer connect to China server. I'm located in the us. I've now lost the ability to use the Android mobile app. Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I had a similar problem. Had to get home to a Wireless connection and update the main app to 5.3.10...

Note: I had to relog into my app after the update.

Note: I hope this means the messages sent to me in my app no longer have Chinese (my language option is English).
Thanks for the reply! I actually tried again about an hour ago and it connected so not sure what the problem was. Maybe the server was down for a bit. Anyway, glad it's working again!

When you get app notifications that your Robot has started/stopped say a scheduled clean. Is part of the notification in chinese?

Moving to the chinese server seems to have started this :(
NeilF
Robot Addict

Postby wassct » June 11th, 2018, 2:03 pm

NeilF wrote:
wassct wrote:
NeilF wrote:
wassct wrote:Hi all! I have had my vacuum for a few months now without a problem and I love it! Today when I went to use it I could no longer connect to China server. I'm located in the us. I've now lost the ability to use the Android mobile app. Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks!

I had a similar problem. Had to get home to a Wireless connection and update the main app to 5.3.10...

Note: I had to relog into my app after the update.

Note: I hope this means the messages sent to me in my app no longer have Chinese (my language option is English).
Thanks for the reply! I actually tried again about an hour ago and it connected so not sure what the problem was. Maybe the server was down for a bit. Anyway, glad it's working again!

When you get app notifications that your Robot has started/stopped say a scheduled clean. Is part of the notification in chinese?

Moving to the chinese server seems to have started this :(
No mine are in English but the vacuum is running now so I'll update if the next notification happens to be in Chinese for some reason. But..last time I ran the robot they were definitely in English.

wassct

Postby NeilF » June 11th, 2018, 2:46 pm

wassct wrote:No mine are in English but the vacuum is running now so I'll update if the next notification happens to be in Chinese for some reason. But..last time I ran the robot they were definitely in English.

The main text of the app messages are in English. But the notifications also have chinese too.
NeilF
Robot Addict

Postby wassct » June 11th, 2018, 3:09 pm

NeilF wrote:
wassct wrote:No mine are in English but the vacuum is running now so I'll update if the next notification happens to be in Chinese for some reason. But..last time I ran the robot they were definitely in English.

The main text of the app messages are in English. But the notifications also have chinese too.
Here is my notification when robot was finished (see attached pic). Is this what your asking about?Image

wassct

Postby NeilF » June 11th, 2018, 4:15 pm

Here's an example of what I can get...

NeilF
Robot Addict

Postby wassct » June 11th, 2018, 4:34 pm

NeilF wrote:Here's an example of what I can get...

Are you by chance using the Asian version of the Mi Home App?

wassct

Postby NeilF » June 11th, 2018, 4:39 pm

This started when I changed my region from Singapore to China to get the zone cleaning update.

What is your region set to?

Here's my settings...
Profile > Settings > Region : Mainland China
Profile > Settings > Language: English

Note: If I go straight in Store in the Mi Home app... Everything is in chinese!
NeilF
Robot Addict

Postby wassct » June 11th, 2018, 4:44 pm

NeilF wrote:This started when I changed my region from Singapore to China to get the zone cleaning update.

Here's my settings...

My language is actually set to default not English. See if that helps. Otherwise I'm not sure. I'm also on Android, which yours looks like as well.

wassct

Postby NeilF » June 12th, 2018, 12:18 pm

wassct wrote:
NeilF wrote:This started when I changed my region from Singapore to China to get the zone cleaning update.

Here's my settings...

My language is actually set to default not English. See if that helps. Otherwise I'm not sure. I'm also on Android, which yours looks like as well.

Well well!

That's seemingly resolved it!

Excellent and very odd!
NeilF
Robot Addict

Postby wassct » June 12th, 2018, 12:45 pm

NeilF wrote:
wassct wrote:

Here's my settings...

Well well!

That's seemingly resolved it!

Excellent and very odd!
Awesome!

wassct

Postby Brett » June 13th, 2018, 1:31 am

RANT: Please do not "quote" the entire previous post every time you reply - it very quickly gets ridiculous! Quotes are used when you are are referring to a post that way back in the thread, or to a specific part of a long post.

Okay - I feel better now.

(-8
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana!
Brett
Robot Addict

Postby NeilF » June 13th, 2018, 3:37 am

Brett wrote:RANT: Please do not "quote" the entire previous post every time you reply - it very quickly gets ridiculous! Quotes are used when you are are referring to a post that way back in the thread, or to a specific part of a long post.

Okay - I feel better now.

(-8

Really? That much of an issue? :roll:

ps: It's a pretty common net habit, especially if you frequent busy forums. As the post you're replying to, which may have been the last post on the thread, might not be 5-10 minutes later when you (finally) submit your post. So it gets needlessly confusing...
NeilF
Robot Addict

Previous

Return to All Other Robots