Mi Robot vacuum

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

Re: Mi Robot vacuum

Postby glnc222 » October 2nd, 2016, 12:52 pm

There is hope for firmware upgrades or hacks as a well hidden micro USB port revealed.

WiFi equipped robots update firmware over WiFi in other brands. USB just backup, or repair the WiFi.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby Bimchi » October 2nd, 2016, 1:45 pm

Is it normal that the xiaomi doesnt know how to get back to the charging station, unless he started his cleaning process from the base?
Bimchi

Postby vic7767 » October 2nd, 2016, 2:06 pm

Most of the mapping robotic vacuum units will return to the spot that they started from.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/

http://www.Robot-Doc.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby krimore » October 5th, 2016, 9:15 pm

For those that are interested, this is now on sale and in stock at Gearbest. Free express shipping. That's where I got mine from.

Use coupon code: XIAOMIVAC

http://www.gearbest.com/robot-vacuum/pp ... d=10286222
Last edited by krimore on December 31st, 2016, 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
krimore

Postby robottireino » October 7th, 2016, 2:11 pm

Can someone confirm that this robot doesn't have problems with glass objects or objects coated with chromium because of the sonar? Does it have a better navigation system compared to the Botvac Connected for example? Really interested in this one but all the reviews seem to be about the vacuum in general and not that much about the navigation.

For me the most important thing is that it avoids bumping into objects and after that comes its cleaning capabilities.
robottireino

Postby Bimchi » October 8th, 2016, 8:54 am

krimore wrote:For those that are interested, this is now on sale and in stock at Gearbest. Free express shipping. That's where I got mine from.

Use coupon code: XIAOMIVAC

http://www.gearbest.com/robot-vacuum/pp ... tml?wid=21

bought mine from taobao... it was cheaper than gearbest (even on sale)
Bimchi

Postby akeilox » October 8th, 2016, 9:54 am

Bimchi wrote:bought mine from taobao... it was cheaper than gearbest (even on sale)

Can you share the taobao link?

Also how much shipping cost to your country?
akeilox

Postby metocusu » October 9th, 2016, 2:09 pm

I have been digging taobao for the xiamo vacuum cleaner, but no luck. Could you please share the link. Also, what is the price you got from them? Looks like fasttech charges USD 48 for shipping to the US, which comes for more than what gearbest offers.
metocusu

Postby glnc222 » October 9th, 2016, 4:04 pm

Note U.S. Square Trade extended warranties are not available on customer imported products compared to dealer sales in-country. Square Trade is not much active outside the U.S., maybe some places in Canada. It's a matter of servicing devices for U.S. power plugs, and any U.S. regulations including insurance business. Best service contracts are from Best Buy and Walmart.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby glnc222 » October 11th, 2016, 4:20 pm

Youtube "big mess" test shows a lot of fine material not picked up on hard floor. No comparison available with other brands, on the exact same material. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX1EBlLdnFs
(skip to around 10 min to see results)
Could be that material is somewhat sticky, who knows? Roomba 880 - 980 does have a different type of brush roll claimed to do better on such floors, with special aerodynamic engineering. Others all have a similar ordinary brush.
Dyson has more powerful suction, for whatever that is worth (besides shorter run time).
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby akeilox » October 13th, 2016, 11:12 pm

Found this troubleshooting guide which lists error codes etc:

Troubleshooting

1, Q: Mi home sweeping robot error 1?
A: Error 1 indicates that the laser ranging sensor is abnormal. Please check: 1. Check whether there is a laser ranging sensor on the top of the main unit, such as the hanging spike of the curtain and the cloth hanging at the bottom of the sofa. Please remove. 2, please check whether the laser rangefinder sensor after the normal rotation, if you can not use the finger to rotate about to see if normal. 3,
2, Q: Mi home sweeping robot error 2?
A: Error 2 indicates that the shock absorber is jammed. Please use both hands to gently tap the left and right side of the front shock absorber to ensure that the shock absorber can press down and rebound normally. If there is a foreign body jammed, Buffer rebound blocked Please remove.
3, Q: Mi home sweeping robot error 3?
A: Error 3 indicates that the host wheel is floating. Please check whether the host has dragged the foreign object or hold the obstacle to cause the wheel to float. Please help to remove the foreign matter or the obstacle.
4, Q: Mi home sweeping robot error 4?
A: Error 4 indicates that the host cliff sensor is abnormal. Please check 1, the error may occur on some dark carpet. Please put away the carpet or use virtual wall to block 2, the bottom cliff sensor is too dirty or blocked by foreign objects. The error, please use a dry cloth to wipe and clean.
5, Q: Mi home sweeping robot error 5?
A: Error 5 indicates that the host may be involved in foreign objects. Please remove the main brush cover, remove the main brush to clean the bristles and the bearing position, and put it back. On some long-haired hairs may also cause the error, please put away or use the virtual wall to block Host up wool carpet cleaning.
6, Q: M home sweeping robot error 6?
A: Error 6 indicates that the side brush is wrapped by a foreign object. The brush motor is overloaded. Please pause the main body and remove the wound foreign object. If not, please use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the brush.
7, Q: Mi home sweeping robot error 7?
A: Error 7 indicates that the main wheel is jammed. Main motor overload, please check: 1, whether the main wheel winding foreign body, please hand slowly turn the main wheel pull out the foreign body 2, the host stuck unable to move, Host to continue working after the pull, such as the host often stuck in some special terrain, please use a virtual wall or chair and other objects to block.
8, Q: Mi home sweeping robot error 8?
A: Error 8 indicates that the host is trapped in a space. Please check: 1, the host into a room after the door was closed, please open the door to continue cleaning 2, the host trapped in a small space, please Host out to continue cleaning, such as the host often stuck in some special terrain, please use the virtual wall or chair and other objects to block.
9, Q: Mi home sweeping robot error 9?
A: Error 9 indicates that the host has detected the dust box or filter is not installed, please check: 1, no dust box or no filter installed, please replace 2, the use of non-millet mall to buy third-party filter, Millet mall to buy original filter.
10, Q: M home sweeping robot error 10?
A: Error 10 indicates that the host computer detects the filter is blocked. Please check: 1, The dust box is full, please dump the dust box 2, Whether the filter is blocked, please carefully clean the filter 3, If the filter has been used for more than 3 months, please replace the filter 4, such as the host accidentally sucked into the water or accidentally washed filter, please replace the filter.
11, Q: Mi home sweeping robot error 11?
A: Error 11 indicates that the host has detected a strong magnetic field at startup. Please check: 1. The start position may be too close to the virtual wall. Please move the host to other places. 2. The host has a strong magnetic field, such as speakers, , Please move the host to start somewhere else.
12, Q: Mi home sweeping robot error 12?
A: Error 12 means the battery is extremely low. Please put the main unit back in the cradle and charge it.
13, Q: M home sweeping robot error 13?
A: Error 13 indicates that the host is charging abnormally. Please check: 1, Charging area of ​​the charging area due to bad contact, please carefully clean the host of the rear of the charging contacts and rechargeable charging shrapnel seat 2, charging seat power cord is bad, check the power supply The line is tightened 3, the bottom of the charging base uneven ground or the charging seat on the carpet, the level of hard ground in the wall placed charging seat
14, Q: M home sweeping robot error 14?
A: Error 14 indicates that the host has detected a battery failure. Do not operate the robot at extremely low temperatures (below 0 ° C) or extremely high (above 40 ° C). If the battery detects a temperature abnormality, it will shut down automatically to ensure the safety of the battery. In the normal temperature environment after a period of time to try to boot.
15, Q: Mi home sweeping robot error 15?
A: Error 15 indicates that the host computer detects abnormal sensor along the wall. Please use a soft, dry cloth to clean the wall sensor on the right side of the host computer and continue the work.
16, Q: M home sweeping robot error 16?
A: Error 16 indicates that the host is detected as being too skewed when starting the host. Start the host on a level ground.
17, Q: Mi home sweeping robot error 17?
A: Error 17 indicates that the host computer detects that the side brush module is abnormal. Please stop the host and then turn the machine over. Grasp the brush with your fingers and repeat the forward and reverse steps.
18, Q: Mi home sweeping robot 18?
A: Error 18 indicates that the host computer detects the abnormality of the suction fan. If the fan has obvious noise, please stop using immediately and contact after-sale solution.
19, Q: Mi home sweeping robot error 19?
A: Error 19 indicates that the host can not access the power after connecting the charging seat, please check: 1, Charging the power cord at both ends (charge back and mains socket) has been tightened 2, Please clean the host charge and charge the charging seat shrapnel, Too dirty here will cause the charging seat can not supply power to the host 3, confirm the charging seat power cord without broken or broken, if found to have broken or broken, please use after replacement.
20, Q: Mi house sweeping robot internal error?
A: the internal error that the host can not continue to detect the error, please first shut down, and then please check: 1, the host flat on the ground, hands pressed around the fuselage before and after the ground, to confirm the normal rotation on both sides of the main wheel 2, Turn the main brush back and forth repeatedly to confirm the normal rotation of the main brush 3, connect the phone client to upgrade the firmware 4, restore the initial version.
21, Q: Mi home sweeping robot tips to return to the starting point of failure?
A: prompt return to the starting point failure that the host in the return to the charging base or the starting point encountered obstacles can not pass, please check: 1, the door is closed 2, the host is to a gap in the lower zone 3, The host drags the movable obstruction causing the passage to be blocked.
22, Q: Mi home sweeping the robot when prompted to remove the dust box, the filter has been blocked?
A: When the dust box is removed, it indicates that the filter is clogged. If the filter is partially clogged (the filter is completely blocked, error 10 will be displayed), please carefully clean the filter.
23, Q: Mi home sweeping the robot prompts failure to recharge Please charge the seat to open area to do?
A: There are obstructions in the vicinity of the charging stand. Please make sure that the left and right sides of the charging stand are more than 0.5 meters each, and there is more than 1 meter open space in front.
24, Q: Mi home sweeping the robot tips not found charging seat Please put the host back to the charging seat near retry?
A: If there is no charging cradle in the entire cleaning scene, the host will return to the starting point after starting and cleaning, and prompts that the cradle can not be found. Please try to put the host back near the cradle.
==================================================

There is also a new firmware update released recently

translated:

Dear Sweeper Robot User:
Yesterday, we began to push the latest firmware version in batches, the version information is as follows:

Version number: 3.3.6_003014
Installation package size: 88MB (installation package by the robot through the home Wi-Fi to download, will not consume mobile phone traffic)
Update log:
1. Repair part of the DNS can not resolve the problem
2. Perfect brush overheat protection strategy
3. Optimize the recharge operation to prevent contact failure
Optimize the binding strategy to improve the success rate
5. Optimization of small space and cliff environment in the rescue algorithm
6. Repair the extreme case of electricity can not be charged to 100% of the problem
7. Optimize some of the error report voice

Firmware update is expected to take 5-10 minutes. Please be patient.
akeilox

Postby heavytrevy » October 15th, 2016, 10:30 pm

Ive had my Mi vac for 2 weeks now and I can report it is vastly superior to my Neato XV 21.
Not as loud even on its highest power level the side brush works well and the real time mapping is pretty sweet,
I got mine from Gearbest when it was first available.

I can tell that Xiaomi has done alot of work with the mapping compared to the XV21.

Regards
Trev
heavytrevy

Postby glnc222 » October 16th, 2016, 1:10 pm

I can tell that Xiaomi has done a lot of work with the mapping compared to the XV21.

What details of the mapping have been improved? Do you see any effect of the ultrasound sensor?
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby heavytrevy » October 17th, 2016, 3:56 am

The Neato bumps into things a lot harder were the Mi vac is gentle .also the Mi vac can stay very close to any object
but the neato will veer off slightly.

The mi vac is also alot faster on the floor and its turns are quicker as well.
heavytrevy

Postby glnc222 » October 17th, 2016, 1:34 pm

Maneuvering improvements could make a good subject for a Youtube video, though a lot of work. Go viral...
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby Wing Nut » October 17th, 2016, 4:22 pm

heavytrevy wrote:also the Mi vac can stay very close to any object
but the neato will veer off slightly. The mi vac is also alot faster on the floor and its turns are quicker as well.

My XV-11's habit of veering away too far after a brushing against a slight protrusion on a wall annoys me. Since it's been following the wall with its wall sensor, it'd be nice to see it continue to use it by backing up, correcting just slightly and trying again.

The XV's LIDAR's probably not 'seeing' enough detail of the slight obstruction to be useful, but the bumper and the wall sensor inputs could at least be utilised a little better. Considering the XVs don't have a side brush, I'd rather a better clean than a slightly faster one.

However, I'm not sure about the Mi's speed across the floor being a good thing. With robot vacuums, a little slower is arguably better. But I'd still like one ... if it spoke English. Come to think of it, I'd prefer a Neato-like beep. Or R2D2's :think:
#1 Neato XV-11 SW 2.0 Board Rev 113 / 4400mAh Lithium Power battery installed Jan 2018 / Pet & Allergy pack installed Sept 2013. In July 2014, received and repaired a faulty #2 Neato XV-11, running Lithium Power 4400mAh battery since July 2015
Wing Nut
Robot Addict

Postby robottireino » October 17th, 2016, 4:42 pm

robottireino wrote:Can someone confirm that this robot doesn't have problems with glass objects or objects coated with chromium because of the sonar? Does it have a better navigation system compared to the Botvac Connected for example? Really interested in this one but all the reviews seem to be about the vacuum in general and not that much about the navigation.

For me the most important thing is that it avoids bumping into objects and after that comes its cleaning capabilities.

Anyone?
robottireino

Postby glnc222 » October 17th, 2016, 5:44 pm

Anyone who has one of these could do a test of reflective surfaces by wrapping aluminum foil around a chair leg etc.
I made a model this way of problem bar stool pedestals affecting Neato's.
Distribution is still limited so not many owners yet and even fewer with problem reflective surfaces.

Better software could help besides sonar. When a robot bumps an unseen obstacle they could map the area by touch, but they don't seem to do such sophisticated procedures. Neato's do a better job with mag strip barriers, systematically probing and mapping. So they know how to that in general, but oddly limit the application.

The worst case is getting trapped on reflective things which do not trip the bumpers. That is where the sonar should make the most difference. These cases are even more rare than other shiny things.

So I urge robot fans to make tests with kitchen foil.

There seems to be more distribution now in Europe with owners on Roboter-Forum and Kelrobot.fr/forum.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby heavytrevy » October 18th, 2016, 3:26 am

mine has no problems with mirrors at ground height, if i get time on the weekend i will test the foil on the chair leg for ya
heavytrevy

Postby robottireino » October 18th, 2016, 10:45 am

heavytrevy wrote:mine has no problems with mirrors at ground height, if i get time on the weekend i will test the foil on the chair leg for ya

It would also be really nice to know what happens with table legs and such that are below the LIDAR height.

Picture example: http://manofmany.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/ff0d251b6ecb3e0bdb25b55bf183737e.jpg
robottireino

PreviousNext

Return to All Other Robots