Mi Robot vacuum

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

Re: Mi Robot vacuum

Postby BootloopBot » August 15th, 2017, 10:00 pm

Try looking for patterns like the bot not going straight to identify which side it is.
BootloopBot

Postby dex1i38 » August 16th, 2017, 10:10 pm

They got them on sales. (Geekbuying.com)

Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner Robot With Laser Guidance System Powerful Suction LDS Path Planning 5200mAh Battery

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-M ... 72010.html

dex1i38

Postby Mijia » August 18th, 2017, 2:05 am

Hello,

first maybe it's only a notice (then it's "okay" / but i don't know why people always not talk a little bit more about, if they want to help) or spam, because he has only (3) posts, one in a wrong place and two for buying of robots ?!

And now back to topic :

A new mihome, now 4.2.4 is out.

(with google translator)
"Mi Home Current version: 4.2.0 (update to latest version: 4.2.4 Mi Home

1. Support authorized millet A1 speaker control m home equipment, the first to experience the future of interactive mode
2. Camera suspension window support real-time playback, a key to open more convenient
3. There is a mall and found vinegar play revision, more new and information, experience more fluid
4. Repair firmware update and the king grid sorting abnormalities and other issues"

Ps.
Update: another mihome, now 4.2.5 is out. (fix some bugs / from google playstore) !

Regards, Mijia
Last edited by Mijia on August 18th, 2017, 7:34 am, edited 10 times in total.
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby Mijia » August 18th, 2017, 3:05 am

@Skyeclad,

how does it look with your "problem" now ?

But i opened a question for your customer problem (i wrote something about this and took your post from August 11th, 2017, 12:39 am for that. I think / hope, it is good enough in english, for you) and here is the answer of an official employee (MIID: 1144817597) from rockrobo for that, from 2017-08-14 :

"Dear users,
First of all thank you for your feedback
Sweep the floor in the process of cleaning if the battery is less than 20%, will automatically return to charging, when the battery is higher than 80%, sweeping robot will automatically return to the place before cleaning, after cleaning, until clean.
The cleaning time is unable to accurately calculate, because will be affected by the housing and the housing decoration Home Furnishing, ground obstacles and less, cleaning time will be shorter, obstacles on the ground for a long time, the time may be longer.
Sweeping robot will be autonomous in the cleaning process, after the "Z" shaped cleaning, if autonomous door is closed, clean up when opened, this time sweeping robot will not enter the cleaning, may encounter interference in the process of cleaning, it will affect the cleaning, but it is all speculation, in particular why also need specific situation analysis.
If sweeping robot from the charging pile to clean, then sweeping will automatically go back charging, if not from the charging pile, or back in the process of obstacles encountered, will cause recharge failure.
I hope the above answers can help you, if you could not help you, please write again or consult the WeChat public number: "stone technology roborock".
Thanks again for your support!"

Ps.
If its further exist and also are important for you, you should accept the friendly wechat offer ! He has answered extra in English, so you should also be able to chat in english !
I think this is the right address :
rockrobo-stone-technology.jpg
rockrobo-stone-technology.jpg (27.11 KiB) Viewed 3523 times

They are always interested about "real" problems of her robot, for solve it for all user. But you understand it can last sometimes for answers and so on.
Excuse me, but unfortunately, I can not do more for you.

But please, I think you understand how people should talk together and i hope to be able to rely on you, thank you.

Good luck and your feedback is welcome.

Regards, Mijia
Last edited by Mijia on September 14th, 2017, 10:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby istvan888 » August 18th, 2017, 3:59 am

Hi,
I'm new at this forum but I hope someone can help me.
I am from Italy and I ordered my mi robot vacum directly from China 2 months ago and it worked fine until now. Some day ago there was a software update for the vacum via the mobile app (android) which I did immediately. After the update the app told me that there is a new Server (The U.S. (the U.S. server) which is recommended to use. Therefore I changed to the new server.
After I changed to the new server I had to made a new login to recconect the vacum with the Mi Home App. However, after I was connected there was again the shortcut on my homescreen (where you can handle your vacum, see on the map where your vacum is going, where you can schedule the cleaning etc.)
The problem is that I cannot open this shortcut. I see it on my homescreen but when I tap on it, nothing happen.
Furhtermore, I cannot change to another Server, since there is always a pop up where it tells I should change to the new U.S. Server.
However, the vacum works still fine, but I can only start it manually and not via the mobile app.

Hope someone can help me :)
Thanks
istvan888

Postby Mijia » August 18th, 2017, 4:46 am

Hi istvan888,

maybe let us see what users with this server can told you.

Recommended is not right for us, because in the past it gave no u.s. - server, but the u.s. were also marked as recomended.
Now normally it should work, in few moments i had read about such problems indeed, but i don't know how they solved it.
If not, i think delete the robot in the app (if you can, it's always better), then deinstall the app and reinstall again all of it with mainland china (now chinese symbols under the "u.s.") and language english, like new. I think that must solve the problem.

Ps.
Good luck and your positive feedback, is maybe then really to "recommended" for us ;-)

Regards, Mijia

istvan888 wrote:Hi,
I'm new at this forum but I hope someone can help me.
I am from Italy and I ordered my mi robot vacum directly from China 2 months ago and it worked fine until now. Some day ago there was a software update for the vacum via the mobile app (android) which I did immediately. After the update the app told me that there is a new Server (The U.S. (the U.S. server) which is recommended to use. Therefore I changed to the new server.
After I changed to the new server I had to made a new login to recconect the vacum with the Mi Home App. However, after I was connected there was again the shortcut on my homescreen (where you can handle your vacum, see on the map where your vacum is going, where you can schedule the cleaning etc.)
The problem is that I cannot open this shortcut. I see it on my homescreen but when I tap on it, nothing happen.
Furhtermore, I cannot change to another Server, since there is always a pop up where it tells I should change to the new U.S. Server.
However, the vacum works still fine, but I can only start it manually and not via the mobile app.

Hope someone can help me :)
Thanks
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby skyone » August 19th, 2017, 6:57 am

hello again
i just finished to upload my review video on youtube about this robot
sorry it's only italian but you can see how it works very well

https://youtu.be/mDnZlNAgDhU
skyone

Postby Mijia » August 19th, 2017, 9:19 am

Hello skyone,

thanks for sharing your very nice review with talent and i believe you can fly (camera view from upside / in my mind i see you like spiderman under the ceiling) ;-)

Ps.
It's no language needed, because your views show everything intelligibly. Especially with the chair and the juxtaposed film sequences and all others things also !

Buona giornata :-)

Regards, Mijia
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby Skyeclad » August 21st, 2017, 3:32 pm

Well, the problem is "resolved" if I lower the suction to "Balanced" because it can effectively clean 200m2+ with that setting in 2 cleaning cycles. When I use a higher powered suction, the cleaning area is much smaller. If the unit would be willing to go out a third time, this would not be an issue so for now, the resolution is to use a more conservative suction mode to preserve battery and clean a larger area.

Also, for some reason the QR code doesn't work for me. I get a "site can't be reached" error.

Mijia wrote:@Skyeclad,

how does it look with your "problem" now ?

But i opened a question for your customer problem (i wrote something about this and took your post from August 11th, 2017, 12:39 am for that. I think / hope, it is good enough in english, for you) and here is the answer of an official employee (MIID: 1144817597) from rockrobo for that, from 2017-08-14 :

"Dear users,
First of all thank you for your feedback
Sweep the floor in the process of cleaning if the battery is less than 20%, will automatically return to charging, when the battery is higher than 80%, sweeping robot will automatically return to the place before cleaning, after cleaning, until clean.
The cleaning time is unable to accurately calculate, because will be affected by the housing and the housing decoration Home Furnishing, ground obstacles and less, cleaning time will be shorter, obstacles on the ground for a long time, the time may be longer.
Sweeping robot will be autonomous in the cleaning process, after the "Z" shaped cleaning, if autonomous door is closed, clean up when opened, this time sweeping robot will not enter the cleaning, may encounter interference in the process of cleaning, it will affect the cleaning, but it is all speculation, in particular why also need specific situation analysis.
If sweeping robot from the charging pile to clean, then sweeping will automatically go back charging, if not from the charging pile, or back in the process of obstacles encountered, will cause recharge failure.
I hope the above answers can help you, if you could not help you, please write again or consult the WeChat public number: "stone technology roborock".
Thanks again for your support!"

Ps.
If its further exist and also are important for you, you should accept the frienly wechat offer ! He has answered extra in English, so you should also be able to chat in english !
I think this is the right address :
rockrobo-stone-technology.jpg

They are always interested about "real" problems of her robot, for solve it for all user. But you understand it can last sometimes for answers and so on.
Excuse me, but unfortunately, I can not do more for you.

But please, I think you understand how people should talk together and i hope to be able to rely on you, thank you.

Good luck and your feedback is welcome.

Regards, Mijia
Skyeclad

Postby Mijia » August 23rd, 2017, 12:15 pm

Hello Skyeclad,

nice to hear that it helped you.

The "QR" brings you to google play store, to the WeChat - app. I have this tested once more in this Moment, in the second "QR - reading", it shows the app. (maybe if not, the playstore , or the "QR - reader" has a problem, but you can go there manually)
You must have WeChat installed, to start the contact over her WeChat public number : "Stone Technology roborock", as he wrote.

Ps.
Further all the best for a good result to you and good luck for what you wish for.

Regards, Mijia
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby Flole » August 26th, 2017, 8:59 pm

Finally absolutely sure that the Vacuum is running Linux: Xiaomi is violating the GPL!! Violating a License is not OK, it is stealing work from others. Unfortunately they don't care, I will however report this so action can be taken against this. By violating the GPL they also no longer have the right of using the code that was licensed under it: From the moment they violated the license they lost that right. Would be more interesting if this would happen in Europe/US though, it seems like in China nobody really cares.
Flole

Postby Husker84 » August 29th, 2017, 6:41 am

Flole wrote:Finally absolutely sure that the Vacuum is running Linux: Xiaomi is violating the GPL!! Violating a License is not OK, it is stealing work from others. Unfortunately they don't care, I will however report this so action can be taken against this. By violating the GPL they also no longer have the right of using the code that was licensed under it: From the moment they violated the license they lost that right. Would be more interesting if this would happen in Europe/US though, it seems like in China nobody really cares.

How do you get it? Any hack possible?
Thanks!
Husker84

Postby Mijia » August 30th, 2017, 8:31 am

Dear users of the Xiaomi suction robot,

you certainly have the mysterious messages also received, i think. Tomorrow and in the next days is the anniversary of his performance and Xiaomi normally celebrating this with actions, let's see what Xiaomi will do this time.

Ps.
In China, wild speculation has already begun and others do not know yet, what that means, so have only fun no fear ;-)

Regards, Mijia :-)
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby technocleaner » August 31st, 2017, 10:57 am

I purchased this robot a few weeks ago and I must say I absolutely love it. It's really good and I love the efficiency of it's cleaning algorithm (so much better than Roomba's random pattern). I haven't worked out all the features yet but looking forward to getting to use it more.

I'd love an ability to set a separate timer for when the robot will charge. I have cheaper electricity at night so I'd prefer if the robot only charged at night but I can set it to start cleaning during the day.
technocleaner

Postby glutaman » September 1st, 2017, 11:19 am

Relatively new owner here, this machine is incredible! So much less involvement for vacuum cleaning, and so much cleaner house! It is also driving a behavioural change in the house. My breadcrumbs-on-the-table example:
Before Mi Robot: scoop them off carefully into my palm, walk over to the bin and dispose
After Mi Robot: on the floor. the bot is going to clean it tomorrow anyway :D

Now, I have a question for you in regards to the virtual wall. As I understand, this wall is just a magnetic tape. Can we use any kind of magnetic tape? Some generic cheap ones are available at 10% of the price of the xiaomi one.
glutaman

Postby Mijia » September 2nd, 2017, 1:36 pm

Hello glutaman,

congratulation for your lazy life, since the robot doing your job now ;-)

Ps.
The magnetic - virtual - wall must be a specially for those robots, definitely no cheap magnetic bands works (but all specialities of the different manufacturer (of this robots etc., also look in to the next post's please / should work for that / him) !
There are only different designs and length, maybe with a little more or less strength.

Attention,
loudspeakers, electric transformers and so on, can iritate the sensors of the robots (sometimes he can tell it to you, or even he will not work in some places, think also on your neighbors under your rooms :-) really, but all not often ! You will find a hint in "troubleshooting")

!! He will not clean this places !!

Regards, Mijia
Last edited by Mijia on September 2nd, 2017, 11:59 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby Wing Nut » September 2nd, 2017, 6:48 pm

Mijia wrote:The magnetic - virtual - wall must be a specially for those robots, definitely no cheap magnetic bands works

I'm not sure what sort of strip Mi Robot uses, however the sensor on a Neato doesn't respond to cheap 'fridge magnet' type strips laid in its path. It requires a special magnetic field (monopole?) to trigger the sensor.

Maybe the Mi Robot has a similar sensor in which case Xiaomi and Neato owners might find one magnetic strip is cheaper than the other, even if they're rather pricey compared to the usual magnetic tape found in stationary and hardware stores.
#1 Neato XV-11 SW 2.0 Board Rev 113 / 3500mAh battery pack installed May 2013 / Pet & Allergy pack installed Sept 2013. In July 2014, received and repaired a faulty #2 Neato XV-11, running Lithium Power 4400mAh battery since July 2015
Wing Nut
Robot Addict

Postby glnc222 » September 2nd, 2017, 10:33 pm

The sensors, Hall Effect sensor components, require a particular magnetic pole all along the strip, so opposite poles top and bottom. Fridge magnets etc. have alternating poles so don't work.
It is very annoying the robot suppliers do not make it clear that common material cannot be used, especially with no big business in selling strips. So what else is new...

Neato Robotics and Samsung (at least in the U.S.) use mag strips, so those are the prices to compare.

There are other electronic methods to detect fields, but it seems the ready made dedicated sensors are the best way.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby Mijia » September 2nd, 2017, 11:30 pm

Note, maybe a little explanation :

In the moment it give round about 5 to 10 robot manufacturer, with magnetic sensor for those virtual walls. Also it gives some manufacturer for magnetic bands (magnetic equipment), who sell bands for those robots (found on amazon.de e.g. / companies for magnetic components sell it, you can ask for it and they will normally understand what you need)
(The robots are from USA, Europe and mostly China ....)
And right, the magnetic poling is the reason, why the cheap "standarts", not work.

We can think, that it looks annoying, but they clearly tell you should buy her virtual - wall and also no problems will occur. That's it how normally all other manufacturer do it, worldwide. If you want to buy parts cheaper, it's up to you, like searching for other parts of mostly all sorts of devices normally, etc. (that's the market and what manufacturer normally ever search, but normal unfortunately) !

Regards, Mijia
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby Mijia » September 5th, 2017, 6:37 am

Hi friends of the "Stone Technology" - suction robot,

here a nice picture for the parts of him and perhaps someone would like to know more about him (look downside please) :

RobotInParts.jpg

:-) No fear, he is 100 % modular !

For all who are more interested on background of our robot, here the history of Stone Technology and hers very good first suction robot for us (for a better enjoyment, please first set the automatic translation in your browser from google / maybe in english for a better result and also on the mobile phone !!), sorry for the inconvenience ;-) and now open your mind to have fun while reading and understanding :-) :

http://bbs.xiaomi.cn/t-13700936

Regards, Mijia
Mijia
Robot Addict

PreviousNext

Return to All Other Robots