Mi Robot vacuum

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

Re: Mi Robot vacuum

Postby RobotJunkie30 » September 5th, 2017, 3:22 pm

Thank you now I know why xiaomi cannot create a LDS that lasts for more than 100 hours of runtime.Lets hope they will upgrade and fix the LDS with time that ruins otherwise a great vacuum!
RobotJunkie30

Amazon US version of the MI

Postby vic7767 » September 5th, 2017, 7:05 pm

Anyone else purchase the Mi robot through Amazon US? Not having luck connecting the iOS app via WiFi using the new US server. Just cannot get it paired. Cant locate the English version of the procedure.

################################
You have to choose the China mainland server, the default US based server does not seem to work via the iOS MiHome app.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/

http://www.Robot-Doc.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby Mijia » September 5th, 2017, 10:59 pm

Hello RobotJunkie30,

normally i don't talk such things, but you think most of the 100.000 buyers are wrong (no one have more than only 100 hours really, that's a joke of you, but no one laughs !) and you are right and thats all you resume after you read "it", sorry you're maybe feel lucky with this astonish statistic, okay.

Ps.
Even if you have to change the lds (easy and not only one time changing) you are still mostly much cheaper than your "older" and other robots, in this category.
And everything though you were so pleased with it, but maybe you're rethinking your reaction, otherwise good luck.

Hi vic7767,

it is still normally the best choice, mainland china and language english, maybe always for us :-)

Regards, Mijia
Mijia
Robot Addict

Re: Mi Robot vacuuming

Postby RobotJunkie30 » September 6th, 2017, 3:05 am

Mijia wrote:Hello RobotJunkie30,

normally i don't talk such things, but you think most of the 100.000 buyers are wrong (no one have more than only 100 hours really, that's a joke of you, but no one laughs !) and you are right and thats all you resume after you read "it", sorry you're maybe feel lucky with this astonish statistic, okay.

Ps.
Even if you have to change the lds (easy and not only one time changing) you are still mostly much cheaper than your "older" and other robots, in this category.
And everything though you were so pleased with it, but maybe you're rethinking your reaction, otherwise good luck.

Regards, Mijia

I just read on forums that alot of people have LDS problems. I feel like xiaomi is not protecting their customers and leaving them to fight with distributors. Nobody wants to spend time repairing their robots and sending them to china paying for shipping and taxes. Why does xiaomi not create a official sales channel where customers do not have to pay 100USD for LDS? Or why not get somebody else to make the LDS and charge 100usd more for the robot?
RobotJunkie30

Postby Mijia » September 6th, 2017, 5:32 am

Hello RobotJunkie30,

simple, because they build him only for china and less other countries, it is then only with them whether they buy him !

All other things are nice to have, but they cost the company more than you think.

And that does not mean anything that they cannot look forward to the surprising worldwide success !

Also nevertheless they support us after the international enthusiasm with e.g. updates which include special items for worldwide use and english language, user manual and also with relatively early available spare parts etc. !
I do not think this makes another manufacturer so if he sells no devices in this country !
I think there is nothing else to add and I think everyone should be able to understand and mostly they do it !

You read from different forums, but if you are honest with yourself, the lds problem is more than less of the enourmous amount of sold robots and in that places most people comes only with a problem and not if he is runing without problems, i think you understand this.
So its unfortunately for such things not the best, but more than normal and all user who buy this robot, must and do understand this normally before !

Nobody can (should) buy things, if he must understand before, that some things may be important for him and next he mean that's the fault of the others !!

Excuse me, but these facts are normally self-explanatory (thats normal life and the markets, really).

Ps.
But what we can do is to tell them kindly how good that could be for both sides and hope they expand into our countries !!

Regards, Mijia
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby vic7767 » September 6th, 2017, 10:36 am

Thanks for your reply Mijia. Do you have any ordering information for the Virtual Wall accessory that is not listed in the www.mi.com website?

vic7767
Robot Master

Postby Mijia » September 6th, 2017, 12:18 pm

Hi vic7767,

I made a quick search for you at amazon.com and found these (a xiaomi user write there that it works great) :

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XTBVP ... ref=plSrch

You can also search on amazon worldwide (.de e.g. they should deliver, but not always), ali, gearbest and so on.
(Zapals : original xiaomi 7,99 dollar)
Some Manufacturer are Xiaomi, Neato, Vorwerk, Miele and more chinese (but unfortunately I can not remember all manufacturers found at that time).
But if you found one, you can find it better next with his name in other places.

Also band "pf 928", 2 mm thick should work (on amazon.de i found).

It's not so easy to search, i needed also time to find the different robot and band manufacturer in the past, but if the bands above are okay for you, it's not important.

Ps.
Good luck and always make sure they work with vacuum robots !

Regards, Mijia

vic7767 wrote:Thanks for your reply Mijia. Do you have any ordering information for the Virtual Wall accessory that is not listed in the http://www.mi.com website?
Last edited by Mijia on September 6th, 2017, 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby vic7767 » September 6th, 2017, 12:27 pm

Mijia Once again thank you for your reply. There is confusion between the term "Virtual Wall" (Normally associated with an InfraRed transmitter - receiver device) and the Mi "Boundary marker ( which is a physical magnetic barrier strip similar to the Neato models).
Last edited by vic7767 on September 6th, 2017, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vic7767
Robot Master

Postby Mijia » September 6th, 2017, 12:33 pm

With pleasure vic7767,

yes, unfortunately not really easy.

Ps.
If the robots have a magnetic sensor, the bands of it should work, but also the manufacturer of the robots are not easy to find.

Regards, Mijia
Last edited by Mijia on September 6th, 2017, 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby glutaman » September 6th, 2017, 12:46 pm

Has anyone looked to buy a second base for this vacuum cleaner? My house has 2 levels and moving the vacuum and the base is a bit of a headache :)
glutaman

Postby Mijia » September 6th, 2017, 1:28 pm

Hello glutaman,

look here :

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/3281270 ... f#autostay

Ps.
You can do it as I do for you, I think (you can search for more if you want) ;-)
It should work normally in your different floors, like your first original.
But you still have to carry your robot anyway and normally it is not a must to carry the charging base (he have enough accu strength and you can him also steering normal) !?

The chance for a heart attack is even higher with the second charging base (less movement of you) :-)

Regards, Mijia
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby Mijia » September 7th, 2017, 6:08 am

Hello to all,

Mihome is updated to version 4.3.2 and here is the changelog :

1. Optimize login page Area switch function
2. Increase Korean login area

Ps.
If you hear about an event on 2017.09.11, it should be for the new Mi Mix 2 mobil phone, some talk about more in china, or maybe a great update, we'll see.

Have a nice day.

Regards, Mijia
Last edited by Mijia on September 9th, 2017, 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby skyone » September 8th, 2017, 3:08 pm

dex1i38 wrote:They got them on sales. (Geekbuying.com)
Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner Robot With Laser Guidance System Powerful Suction LDS Path Planning 5200mAh Battery
http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-M ... 72010.html

good, also gearbest has lowered the price at 235 euro using coupon code. But i think gearbest is better than geekbuying becasue there are no custom taxes for Europe if use "priority lane-express" shipping method.
:thumbup:
Last edited by skyone on September 8th, 2017, 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
skyone

Postby NeilF » September 8th, 2017, 3:12 pm

^^ Is this another associate attempt? The URL looks odd!
NeilF
Robot Groupie

Postby skyone » September 8th, 2017, 3:18 pm

NeilF wrote:^^ Is this another associate attempt? The URL looks odd!

that was a short link from google but i removed anyway :thumbup:
skyone

Postby Mijia » September 10th, 2017, 4:40 am

Hello to all friends of the XSTRR :-)

it looks like that a little "secret" ("fence" and "point" steering / that means you can specify the areas for cleaning) is coming out ;-) :

( ) = translation of the chinese language over and for the icons.

fence+point1of2.jpg

(Click the space to zoom in and move the map / 2 x sweep times)
(drop out / local cleaning / go here)

fence+point2of2.jpg

(please click on the blank to place the pushpin)

Ps.
Maybe an update or the second generation or boths (boths i hope) ;-)

So i hope it can make you all are a little bit happier today :-)
Have a nice weekend, look into the future, but don't forget the past ;-)

Regards, Mijia
Last edited by Mijia on September 10th, 2017, 11:51 am, edited 6 times in total.
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby moonlightshaker » September 10th, 2017, 5:26 am

I hope this comes really as an update. Would be great.
moonlightshaker

Postby NeilF » September 10th, 2017, 6:32 am

Excuse my ignorance but what is fence and post steering?
NeilF
Robot Groupie

Postby RobotJunkie30 » September 11th, 2017, 8:06 am

[quote="Mijia"]Hello to all friends of the XSTRR :-)

it looks like that a little "secret" ("fence" and "point" steering / that means you can specify the areas for cleaning) is coming out ;-) :

( ) = translation of the chinese language over and for the icons.

fence+point1of2.jpg

(Click the space to zoom in and move the map / 2 x sweep times)

fence+point2of2.jpg

(please click on the blank to place the pushpin)

Ps.
Maybe an update or the second generation or boths (boths i hope) ;-)

So i hope it can make you all are a little bit happier today :-)
Have a nice weekend, look into the future, but don't forget the past ;-)

Regards, Mijia[/

Hi

Do you have any dates or hints for the new robot (xiaomi mi 2?)?
RobotJunkie30

Postby Mijia » September 11th, 2017, 9:48 am

Hi RobotJunkie30,

not yet, unfortunately.

Regards, Mijia
Mijia
Robot Addict

PreviousNext

Return to All Other Robots