Mi Robot vacuum

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

Re: Mi Robot vacuum Firmware update

Postby zebgelatchi » December 23rd, 2017, 8:04 am

Regarding V3.3.9.003094 update, I am on US/Singapore server. Is it rolling out on that server yet ?
zebgelatchi

Re: Mi Robot vacuum

Postby BootloopBot » December 23rd, 2017, 12:32 pm

Mine is set to on the chinese servers. Not sure if its already out for other regions.
Attachments
image.jpeg
BootloopBot

Postby indiahill » December 26th, 2017, 10:21 pm

twistdh wrote:
BootloopBot wrote:New update today V3.3.9.003094
Just a stability fix for wifi and a navigation fix for problems under certain situations.

I don't have the update...i have V3.3.9.003077 and the app say that it is the last firmware...i'm in italy, maybe it depends from the country?

I think 3077 is in "grey" release phase, in this phase, some users can get it, other can not.
xiaomi/roborock will get feedback during this phase, and decide whether make it a "full" release or not.

So just wait for several days, maybe you can see 3094.

This is what I know for xiaomi product.
indiahill

Postby Franzl » December 27th, 2017, 3:43 am

Franzl

Postby akeilox » December 27th, 2017, 4:40 am

wow!
" We will also publish a non-invasive method to get root access to your vacuum robot."

if we can root and disconnect from mi servers temporarily to check out whats possible it'll be golden!

I foresee i would need to switch back to original firmware (if thats what they meant by non-invasive; ie. reversible) since I see the need of contacting Roborock where they can asses what exactly going on with "Internal Error"; like they can see which sensors are affected etc.

In any case first time seeing a rooted xiaomi vacuum with such confident level. Exciting!
akeilox

Postby szerwi » December 27th, 2017, 9:51 am

Hi,

I've just got my Mi Robot and I have two questions. How to tell the robot to start cleaning from other spot? I've tried to control the robot, drive to other room and start cleaning there, but when I'm starting the cleaning it creates new map and it doesn't know where is dock. The other question is why the robot is not switching between two routers that are in the same network?
szerwi

Postby NeilF » December 27th, 2017, 10:56 am

szerwi wrote:Hi,

I've just got my Mi Robot and I have two questions. How to tell the robot to start cleaning from other spot? I've tried to control the robot, drive to other room and start cleaning there, but when I'm starting the cleaning it creates new map and it doesn't know where is dock. The other question is why the robot is not switching between two routers that are in the same network?

Is this the new V2 robot?

I wondered when trying to use the "clean region" option on the new software if it was as useful as it sounds. If it behaves like the old V1 robot where when you start a clean it starts mapping from scratch, then how do you mark a region on your floor plan?

I'd hope with the V2, you could mark a region on your previous floor plan (from the last full clean) and tell it to clean just that area.

If it doesn't do that, it seems a bit of a half feature TBH?!
NeilF
Robot Groupie

Postby szerwi » December 27th, 2017, 11:42 am

NeilF wrote:

I wondered when trying to use the "clean region" option on the new software if it was as useful as it sounds. If it behaves like the old V1 robot where when you start a clean it starts mapping from scratch, then how do you mark a region on your floor plan?

I'd hope with the V2, you could mark a region on your previous floor plan (from the last full clean) and tell it to clean just that area.

No, it's the old one, first generation.
szerwi

Postby NeilF » December 27th, 2017, 11:46 am

szerwi wrote:
NeilF wrote:

No, it's the old one, first generation.

Then yes...

To clean from another spot, take the unit there and press the circle button once. It will then start cleaning all the area it can. If it finds the dock while doing this it will return to it when finished. If it doesn't it will return to where it started.

To do a 2m x 2m spot clean just hold the arrow key for 3-4 seconds. Or use the remote control on the phone app.
NeilF
Robot Groupie

Postby szerwi » December 27th, 2017, 11:54 am

NeilF wrote:Then yes...

To clean from another spot, take the unit there and press the circle button once. It will then start cleaning all the area it can. If it finds the dock while doing this it will return to it when finished. If it doesn't it will return to where it started.

To do a 2m x 2m spot clean just hold the arrow key for 3-4 seconds. Or use the remote control on the phone app.

I've just found out that I can start cleaning, pause it, go somewhere by remote control and resume cleaning there. It will clean there without losing the dock.
I think the robot is switching between routers, but it can take long for robot. I just need to wait 2-3 minutes and when it will lose connection with old router, it will connect to the new one.

EDIT: But I can't start spot cleaning somewhere and then come back to dock, because vacuum loses it :/
szerwi

Postby szerwi » December 27th, 2017, 4:01 pm

Another question. The virtual walls for this robot are a bit expensive. Can I use some alternative for that? Will normal magnetic tape work?
szerwi

Postby jch2473 » December 28th, 2017, 2:07 pm

So... I purchased my Xiaomi Robot Vacuum in early July and it stopped working a few days ago. It's completely dead unless it's docked on the charger. When it's on the charger, the app shows that everything is working correctly and that the battery is fully charged. If I press the clean button on the robot or tell it to start cleaning from within the app, it makes the boot up sound and says "charging" and the app shows it drop to 85% charge. It then shows as offline for a bit and eventually comes back to show it charging from 85% to 100%. I'll let it charge up again, try to clean and get the same result. If I remove it from the charger, it dies. No lights, no sounds etc...

I'm guessing the battery is dead even though the robot/app aren't reporting any battery issues.

I've tried reboot the robot, doing the factory reset and it just goes back to the same issue. I've also tried removing and reinstalling the battery. It's running the latest firmware.

I'm hesitant to order another battery because I'm not sure if that's the issue and I can only find replacement batteries for $100 and the sites don't accept returns other than for defective parts.

Last night I decided to try setting a timer to let it auto start. When the start time arrived, it actually started up the vacuum motor and made it about 4-5 inches from the charger before dying. This adds to my belief that the battery is faulty.

Does anybody know if there is another battery pack that will fit and work with the xiaomi? i.e. one that I can buy in the United States?

Any other ideas? I've really enjoyed the product and would like to get it fixed rather than buying a new vacuum. If I do buy a new one, I'll probably get one of the Neato models which are a good bit more expensive but at least I'd have service options available.
jch2473

Postby mikekelly » December 28th, 2017, 4:13 pm

For months now my vaccum keeps teling me I need to be on the US Server. Everytime I switch to the server, I see a list of 6 products that I can add, but the xiaomi robot vaccum isn't on there. What am I doing wrong?
mikekelly

Postby BootloopBot » December 28th, 2017, 10:13 pm

Definitely sounds like a battery issue.
BootloopBot

Postby twistdh » December 29th, 2017, 6:48 am

mikekelly wrote:For months now my vaccum keeps teling me I need to be on the US Server. Everytime I switch to the server, I see a list of 6 products that I can add, but the xiaomi robot vaccum isn't on there. What am I doing wrong?

i live in italy and if i set Europe server i can't configure the app (there is the vacuum but the configuration don't work)...so i set "Other" and all is working (and there is a lot more product in the list).

try to set "Other" :)

@jch2473: it seems the battery...how many hours did your vacuum work?
twistdh

Postby Jani » December 29th, 2017, 8:34 am

szerwi wrote:Another question. The virtual walls for this robot are a bit expensive. Can I use some alternative for that? Will normal magnetic tape work?

For example Neato magnetic tape works. There's something special in that magnetic tape and that's why basic cheap magnetic tapes will not work.
Jani

Postby jch2473 » December 29th, 2017, 8:49 am

twistdh wrote:
mikekelly wrote:

Around 260 hours, based on an average of 1.5 hours per day cleaning time.

I think I'm going to just suck it up and order the $100 battery and see how it goes. Better than a $600-700 neato connected... unless the new battery doesn't fix the issue.
jch2473

Postby twistdh » December 29th, 2017, 11:19 am

jch2473 wrote:
twistdh wrote:
mikekelly wrote:

Around 260 hours, based on an average of 1.5 hours per day cleaning time.

I think I'm going to just suck it up and order the $100 battery and see how it goes. Better than a $600-700 neato connected... unless the new battery doesn't fix the issue.

ok mine is around 60 hours.

it's strange that the battery is already dead, but you can try to replace it. 100$ is better than new robot (if it works with new battery).

good luck and let us know!
twistdh

Postby zebgelatchi » December 30th, 2017, 12:55 pm

BootloopBot wrote:Mine is set to on the chinese servers. Not sure if its already out for other regions.

Thanks, changing to Chinese server gave me an instant update to . . .094
zebgelatchi

Postby NeilF » December 30th, 2017, 1:58 pm

What firmware version are people V1s on? Mine is 3.3.9_003077

And Mi Home version 5.0.19

On a side note, I tried to change my server form United States (Singapore) to European. And after doing that I could not connect my V1 Robot back as a device again?

I reset it, reset the wifi over and over and no luck.

Put my server back to United States (Singapore) and reconnected fine!?
NeilF
Robot Groupie

PreviousNext

Return to All Other Robots