Mi Robot vacuum

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

Re: Mi Robot vacuum

Postby twistdh » December 30th, 2017, 2:26 pm

The "Europe" server doesn't work. You Van use "other" or unite states...il you want the latest firmware you can set chinese server.

I have "other" and i have version ***3077
twistdh

Postby Gene2 » January 1st, 2018, 5:19 am

jch2473 wrote:Does anybody know if there is another battery pack that will fit and work with the xiaomi? i.e. one that I can buy in the United States?

Look at the iClebo Arte battery back. 14.4V but with lower capacity 2600mAh instead of 5200mAh of the Xiaomi battery.
Actually, I think it's possible to adopt any 14.4V Li-Ion battery with appropriate capacity or build your own battery pack.
Gene2

Postby NeilF » January 1st, 2018, 1:40 pm

twistdh wrote:The "Europe" server doesn't work.

Then why offer it?
NeilF
Robot Groupie

Postby BootloopBot » January 1st, 2018, 5:50 pm

Damn 260 hours and your battery died. Mine is at 148 hours and i bought it in June 2017. Hope mine lasts much longer.
BootloopBot

Postby zebgelatchi » January 2nd, 2018, 7:43 am

Battery pack consists of 8 x18650, 5.2Ah Lion cells. I have replaced single cells in my Roomba battery pack successfully. No reason why this battery pack should be any different, assuming you have the ESSENTIAL electrical skills. Cells are available on ebay at around £6 each. Invariably just one cell failing kills the pack as far as your robot is concerned.
zebgelatchi

Postby roybar1 » January 2nd, 2018, 9:48 am

Hello to the forum members
And a wonderful new year :D

Recently, the MI VACUUM robot stopped sending notifications to my phone .

I am with NOTE 8 Android 7.1.1

For the Mi Robot Vacuum app
There are all the permissions needed.

The notification switch is marked as active.

The firmware version is 3.3.9-003094

The device works well.

I tried to make a reset to the vacuum cleaner.

I tried to switch server to another server (China / Singapore)

Gentle when the vacuum cleaner starts to work or hangs or finish
He does not send me notifications to my phone like past.

What could be the problem?

Thank you :thumbup:
roybar1

Postby zebgelatchi » January 2nd, 2018, 11:52 am

I think the best server is Mainland China followed by Singapore/US, try switching , good luck.
zebgelatchi

Postby roybar1 » January 4th, 2018, 10:20 am

I have already tried to change different servers including China
it does not help
The device is not sending notifications to my phone.
roybar1

Postby Jani » January 5th, 2018, 4:11 am

My Mirobot started suddenly cleaning just 50% of normal cleaning area. It creates map but doesn't go to every room that it normally cleans. It seems like there is invisible wall which might be sometimes in bedroom nr1 or 2. Today it decided not to clean kitchen and that's not even separate room. So called "invisible wall" in kitchen seems to be edge of the kitchen carpet..
Map still shows that there's no walls and robot just decided to clean only half of the apartment.

There's map as a attachment. Question marks are rooms that are problems for some reason. Before they weren't. Resticted area is area that is not supposed to be cleaned. Normally it cleans every room and corner except restricted area. :)

Attachments
Shotti2PNG.PNG
Jani

Postby NeilF » January 5th, 2018, 5:04 am

^ Is this a V1 or (just released) V2 unit?
NeilF
Robot Groupie

Postby Jani » January 5th, 2018, 5:04 am

V1.
But okay... second run today was successful. Cleaned like it used to be. Maybe sensor issues..should be cleaned or something..
Jani

Postby NeilF » January 5th, 2018, 5:08 am

As regard edges. Isn't there the issue that a dark carpet can be "seen" as a drop?

How are you restricting it from going into that bottom room?
NeilF
Robot Groupie

Postby Jani » January 5th, 2018, 8:54 am

I have one white carpet with dark patterns in middle room. As you can see from the updated map, it struggles few times and makes full circles before it somehow understands that it's safe to go. After that it cleans carpet normally.
But there's no black carpets in those rooms which seems to be a problem.

Last cleaning was successful (map as a attachment). Whole area was cleaned perfectly. Could it be sensor issue and cleaning would help? It's weird that it sees rooms but doesn't want to go there.

Attachments
Snip1.PNG
Jani

Postby jch2473 » January 7th, 2018, 2:51 pm

I broke down and bought the neato botvac connected. I have a replacement battery for the xiaomi on order ($85 including shipping) but it's going to take up to 35 days to receive the battery and my wife was getting impatient.

The neato is nice (strikingly similar to the Xiaomi in many ways) but apparently can't clean our entire house on a single charge like the Xiaomi and that is running on the "eco" mode. I'm still going to work on the Xiaomi as a side project so hopefully the replacement battery fixes it.

The neato is also too tall to go under the bed in the master bedroom or under the dressers so if I can get the xiaomi working again, it will probably be on master bedroom duty. Either that or I'll sell it.

It's a shame that the Xiaomi and its parts aren't available in the US. It really is a great vacuum with a very nice set of features.
jch2473

Postby Jani » January 8th, 2018, 1:59 am

why 35 days?
Jani

Postby jch2473 » January 8th, 2018, 11:38 am

Jani wrote:why 35 days?

Apparently it takes that long to process and ship from China to the US. Ordering from Aliexpress. I placed the order on 12/29 and it just changed from "awaiting processing" to "awaiting delivery" today. If I recall correctly, it said it would take up to 3 weeks to deliver after the order was processed. The seller has 33 days to deliver from today before the order is refunded.
jch2473

Postby akeilox » January 8th, 2018, 12:19 pm

i assume they will be shipping by sea due to lithium battery restriction on airlines?
akeilox

Postby twistdh » January 8th, 2018, 1:22 pm

akeilox wrote:i assume they will be shipping by sea due to lithium battery restriction on airlines?

aliexpress and also gearbest sometimes have very long shipping times! sometimes also with airmail. i'm waiting for some xiaomi product from gearbest (china) from a month now, and they still not arrived in italy...

shipping cost is often free, but sometimes you have to wait a lot
twistdh

Postby xpresse » January 9th, 2018, 5:24 pm

Same problem, also running a Note 8.

I tried resetting the vacuum to factory settings, downgrading the applications, another Android phone (not NOTE 8). Nothing brings notifications back. Oddly, iOS works.

I assume this is a bug in the app, however it's weird that downgrading the app does not work. Wondering if this is an Android-only server side issue? Are all Android users experiencing this on Android app 5.0.19?

roybar1 wrote:Hello to the forum members
And a wonderful new year :D

Recently, the MI VACUUM robot stopped sending notifications to my phone .

I am with NOTE 8 Android 7.1.1

For the Mi Robot Vacuum app
There are all the permissions needed.

The notification switch is marked as active.

The firmware version is 3.3.9-003094

The device works well.

I tried to make a reset to the vacuum cleaner.

I tried to switch server to another server (China / Singapore)

Gentle when the vacuum cleaner starts to work or hangs or finish
He does not send me notifications to my phone like past.

What could be the problem?

Thank you :thumbup:
xpresse

Postby Jani » January 10th, 2018, 7:52 am

https://www.kaspersky.com/blog/xiaomi-m ... ked/20632/

Interesting. Lot of good, but this is something that Xiaomi should think.

"The researchers also learned something disappointing about Mi Robot, however. The device collects and uploads to Xiaomi cloud a lot of data — several megabytes per day. Along with reasonable things such as device operation telemetry, this data includes the names and passwords of the Wi-Fi networks the device connects to, and the maps of rooms it makes with its built-in lidar sensor. Even more disturbing, this data stays in the system forever, even after a factory reset. So if someone buys a used Xiaomi vacuum cleaner on eBay and roots it, they can easily obtain all of that information."
Jani

PreviousNext

Return to All Other Robots