Mi Robot vacuum

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

Re: Mi Robot vacuum

Postby akeilox » September 17th, 2018, 7:15 am

that S55 model looks neat. White one gets dirty and shows too quick.
Where did you see this new model?
akeilox

Postby twistdh » September 21st, 2018, 6:34 am

you can find the s55 model on GearBest, for example...i don't know if it's different from s50 and s52, it seems the same but with different color.

PS:i have updated to 3.3.9:003358...with singapore server still no zones.
twistdh

Postby NeilF » September 21st, 2018, 6:38 am

twistdh wrote:you can find the s55 model on GearBest, for example...i don't know if it's different from s50 and s52, it seems the same but with different color.

PS:i have updated to 3.3.9:003358...with singapore server still no zones.

I moved to the china server ages ago in order to resolve not getting zones...

Note: Assuming your language is english, set your language to "Default", not "English"... The former results in afull english dialog/messages. The latter (strangely) still gives you some chinese stuff!
NeilF
Robot Addict

Postby bumblebee » September 25th, 2018, 3:17 pm

Hello,

I've got my vacuum (mija roborock) since two days, i've got several internal errors then it works for one full clean up of my home.

Since that "full clean" the robot won't work if i try to launch the clean or the remote.. Internal error after 3 seconds each time.... Please help me i'm totally desperate, here what I tried for the same result :

Update the firmware
Reset the firmware
Wifi reset
China Mi Home application
roll the robot manually forward for 5 meters, backward, do some rotations
Clean every lens, every sensor
Remove the screws and take a look (battery seems ok, nothing is bothering the wheels)
Multiple reboots

I want to toss this thing away seriously.

If someone has a solution or for god sake a software to have a good report of the error
bumblebee

Postby akeilox » September 25th, 2018, 8:06 pm

I’ll suggest to check the remote control mode to drive robot manually forward and left/right,
Does it work with remote control ?
Also do you see the LIDAR rotate a few times when you press Clean mode, before it settles with Internal error.

If remote works and lidar is ok it’s likely the Compass chip that is faulty on your unit.
Try to get in touch with roborock via wechat and they may be able help locate replacement part
akeilox

Postby bumblebee » September 26th, 2018, 3:09 am

Via the remote it's the same error.

for the LIDAR, it rotates really fast, then the robot make one quarter turn, the LIDAR is still rotating like hell then it's the internal error. :twisted:
bumblebee

Postby twistdh » September 26th, 2018, 12:03 pm

i finally have the zones with singapore server! today i've updated the mi home app to version 4.8.6 (on iOS) and the vacuum's firmware is 3.3.9_003358.

i have only one doubt: now i have the map with all the previous vacuum's route...so i don't see were is the robot when it cleans and i don't know were is already cleaned and were is not. is it normal?
twistdh

Postby downhiller2010 » September 26th, 2018, 12:22 pm

bumblebee wrote:Hello,

I've got my vacuum (mija roborock) since two days, i've got several internal errors then it works for one full clean up of my home.

Since that "full clean" the robot won't work if i try to launch the clean or the remote.. Internal error after 3 seconds each time.... Please help me i'm totally desperate, here what I tried for the same result :

Update the firmware
Reset the firmware
Wifi reset
China Mi Home application
roll the robot manually forward for 5 meters, backward, do some rotations
Clean every lens, every sensor
Remove the screws and take a look (battery seems ok, nothing is bothering the wheels)
Multiple reboots

I want to toss this thing away seriously.

If someone has a solution or for god sake a software to have a good report of the error

I am having a similar issues (posted in a seperate thread) keep getting "Internal Error" but wheels and mapping seem to be working.
downhiller2010

Postby akeilox » September 26th, 2018, 1:10 pm

If the wheels are working and getting Internal error upon start cleaning it’s very likely the Compass chip that is faulty, it’s a tiny crystal on the ultrasound board (which is detachable and replaceable).
Try contacting Roborock via Wechat for locating replace part.
akeilox

Postby downhiller2010 » September 26th, 2018, 1:16 pm

akeilox wrote:If the wheels are working and getting Internal error upon start cleaning it’s very likely the Compass chip that is faulty, it’s a tiny crystal on the ultrasound board (which is detachable and replaceable).
Try contacting Roborock via Wechat for locating replace part.

Even if mapping is working? The only other thing I notice is that the main brush does not appear to spin.
downhiller2010

Postby akeilox » September 26th, 2018, 1:24 pm

Yes even when mapping is working(lidar do the mapping), yours sound like it’s the compass. In some batches the crystal found to be faulty on ultrasound module.
Try checking with Roborock via Wechat.
I don’t have their Wechat address anymore as I deleted it after phone upgrade
akeilox

Postby downhiller2010 » September 26th, 2018, 2:34 pm

akeilox wrote:Yes even when mapping is working(lidar do the mapping), yours sound like it’s the compass. In some batches the crystal found to be faulty on ultrasound module.
Try checking with Roborock via Wechat.
I don’t have their Wechat address anymore as I deleted it after phone upgrade

Thanks - its not always immediately when cleaning begins. Is it known to prevent the brush from spinning as well?
downhiller2010

Postby akeilox » September 26th, 2018, 2:45 pm

Yes it affects the brush turning; if compass fails it won’t start auto clean so brushes won’t turn on., Roborock service asked me to disconnect the cable of ultrasound module board and try start button after and it behaved the exact same way after which he conclude it’s a bad batch of the module.
Doubt you can find that module on aliexpress, best way to get in touch rr on Wechat; their English writing is quite clear. They can hook you up with a replacement module but you’ll need to get a shipping forwarder from China to your own country.
akeilox

Postby downhiller2010 » September 26th, 2018, 3:00 pm

Interesting - it will sort of start to autoclean but stop fairly regularly with the error.
downhiller2010

Postby downhiller2010 » September 26th, 2018, 8:49 pm

I contacted support of WeChat and they refused to send me any parts to repair my unit
downhiller2010

Postby bumblebee » September 27th, 2018, 3:51 am

for me, the brush is turning, and then it stops and yell internal error.

How can the crystal can be damaged ? The vacuum is new.
Can you be more specific with the location of the cable we can disconnect to test the case with no connection to compass?

Thanks for the reply by the way.
bumblebee

Postby akeilox » September 27th, 2018, 4:05 am

If you are connected with miHome application, Roborock can see the actual details of the "Internal Error" on their side when you contact them thru Wechat.

It could be well be one of the motors if the symptoms are different.

The crystal is on the module where the ultrasound sensor is, and attached to main board via the connector cable.
You can refer to image here: https://imgur.com/a/EDJ2Vyr

and disassemble steps at https://in.c.mi.com/thread-23846-1-0.html

not for the faint hearted...
akeilox

Postby jesi » October 20th, 2018, 4:05 pm

Just sold my V1 to new home:

( https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1958/305 ... 7c5c_b.jpg )

And yes, i had zoned cleanup etc for maaaaaany months... 8)
jesi

Postby NeilF » October 22nd, 2018, 5:27 am

Just going to say how great it is Zone Cleanup was added to the V1.

I use it so often. eg: Over the weekend I dropped loads of rice in the kitchen, so just told it to do a cleanup of that area.
NeilF
Robot Addict

Postby bumblebee » October 22nd, 2018, 5:43 am

Some update here:

That seems to be the engine of the vacuum which is dead (remains silent when i start the robot).

I will try to fix it... if anybody already got a problem with that ??
bumblebee

PreviousNext

Return to All Other Robots