[REVIEW] Xiaomi Vacuum - Direct contendent for Roomba 980

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

[REVIEW] Xiaomi Vacuum - Direct contendent for Roomba 980

Postby gauntlet » April 10th, 2017, 1:44 pm

Hi guys,

I have had very little time to devote much time to this, but as I am insisted a lot here, we will be completing on-the-go what is lacking.

First of all, this was bought with pasta, so if you buy the joint USAD the discount code even if the price is the same! That way the GB pay me something to recover what was spent and help keep the community of NO vacuum cleaners that we have monada between this and the chuwis.

Purchase Links:

1⃣Create new account
2⃣See prices:
Xiaomi My Robot Vacuum
GB: http://bit.ly/2j7dsRC - Code: HogarGB o CHOLLOTABERNATABLETA o XIAOMIVAC
Igogo: http://bit.ly/2g2tSLp -

Without further notice, small unboxing.

First comment I allow myself, BY GOD! How much box box .. as all comes in a double box, nonsense since the product itself, is tough enough to endure the trip .. That if 5,6KG !!! Nothing despicable.

Inside the box, it is protected by some telgopores, there you see a manual (Chinese)

Removing it, this is already the xiaomi, protected even more with another sh** there

To remove it and here is the diff with the chuwi, weigh more than double, in terms of materials, the A4 particularly does not have much to envy, but the best style xiaomi, it looks fantastic.

Opening the compartment, things written in Chinese .. but easy, WIFI and RESET (for this you have to keep both buttons pressed) there is a little paper, guide fools how to throw the sh** out of the bucket, in the trash .. step of the.

Removing the paper is the cube to gather the sh**, big HEPA filter and I would say it is the same size as the A4, in another way evidently.

When removing it, the xiaomi says something to me in Chinese, I imagine a "because you are touching me there" and it is exposed the hole where the engine is (the engine rotates to suck air and at the same time moves the superior laser system for the Guide) and the hole to gather the sh**. Here detail that has a rubber around. The hole is the same as the V5pro, but this underneath carries roller .. asiq is a mixture of v5 and v7s

Below, all very sensitive to the view, the central roller has several details, the first without removing it, is that it is floating, just like the V7s and the roombas, we go up and down forever to be in contact with the ground. The second is that it has some gums between the hair lines. This certainly helps to improve suction.
The V7s has the same system, obviously more "economical" because there the qualities are noticed.

This photo is from the Ilife V7s to compare

Roller detail center

The rums just like all of them, Chuwis and Roombas, sink to leave the robot on the ground. In this case they are very large

We open another sub box, where is the base load, not because, but this is also quite heavy, a brush to clean the robot and power cable.

One detail is that the base has behind it a place to screw the excess cable so that it does not hang around there ... you already know that these robots and cables on the ground are not friends.

Also mention that it has the same engine as the Roomba 980, although xiaomi with its design has managed to get some more suction potecia, 1800pa vs 1600pa of roomba.

Finally the App. To synchronize it was not difficult, install the MI Home translated into Spanish ( http://npirtube.com/ ) and to get me on the list, I put it in China. Now, the app is translated, but the specific part of the vacuum cleaner is not translated, talk to the uncle and he said he will do it, but it is pending to buy the vacuum cleaner. This is a sh**, because all the options can not be used. With the App all I can do is turn on the vacuum cleaner, send it to its base and see where it happened. It is good to be able to turn it on before leaving the curro on the internet .. but it loses a lot for not being able to see more configurations ...

UPDATE:
When you remove the xiaomi from its base and physically place it for example in a room, put it to clean and when it finishes cleaning returns to the place where you left and start cleaning.

Well some of what I wanted to write this review, was to compare the xiaomi (360usd) with the Chuwi A4 (126usd) and the roomba 960 (899 €) the roomba where the baby sleeps, so you will have to wait for another Day because now she is just asleep and I do not want to wake her. But the A4 if it is here .. asiq for it.

At first glance, out of the difference in size, I would not have to say that one looks better than the other, I am VERY happy with the A4 and I seem to have a very good design aesthetically. If we are in dealles and functionalities, they are totally in different leagues ... The A4 can be summarized in Aspires and returns alone to its base. The xiaomi, introduces functions that are only available in the roombas 900 series, as is the WIFI to manage the robot from the APP, the navigation system, in the case of xiaomi is by Laser, sensors for everything, and finally power of suction.

As for operation, in my case, both I see that leave on clean ground the eye, the difference I think to notice it when looking at the amount of sh** that together. I want to be clear on this aspect asiq I will try to detail.
The first time you see the A4 (as we happened to all of us) together with a sh** in a floor that was already clean that was scary, the subsequent days, the story is no longer the same, being passed all The days, it does not come together so much sh**, so the bucket is not so full.
When passing the Xiaomi, (the A4 step the previous day) along rather than the A4, I honestly do not know where I take it since as I comment, the ground looks just as clean to my eye, but there it is and has joined More sh**

Another detail of the operation is that the xiaomi, clean the house in 20 minutes, as it leaves the base base, looks to one side and then to the other, and with that has already mapped what is in front and goes out to clean, First crossing the perimeter and moving towards the center, when this area ends, again do the same in another .. walking the perimeter and then cleaning inside. This movement is much more efficient because it happens once for each place, but although it takes much more than twice as long for the A4 to travel the same space ... I like to pass twice by the same place.
That, yes, to see your own house mapped by the robot is that it is EQUAL

NOISE, because if, as expected, the xiaomi at 1800pa makes more noise than the chuwi at 850pa. Is not annoying, but the truth when I pass from the roomba to the Chuwi was one of the points that I liked, he almost did not notice that the robot is out there cleaning .. with xiaomi, if you will know

The cubes are the same size, the important difference is that the one of the xiaomi, is sealed with rubber in the joints, this I suppose help with the power of suction.

As for the robot itself, there is also difference in the same detail, xiaomi tries to seal all together between the robot and the bucket of sh**.

As I put above, the base is also different, is much larger and MUCH heavier

Conclusion (for now)
The xiaomi is a pass, as everything that makes the mark is thought to the last detail. Has 2 points against, the first is the APP in Chinese that is pending translation, which does not allow me to see options and the second is the weight, being so heavy, this translates directly to Cost of sending ... now Worth 369usd sent, but of that, without hesitation, + 70usd have to be shipping or more! So it gets expensive without us gaining anything!
Now, what we win! The suction power (1800pa) sucks sh** out of there! Even my neighbor will be enjoying her house cleaner because I pass in mine! Hahahaha
I think to make a logical division, I would say, if your house is more than 130m2, spend the pasta and buy the xiaomi, you will not regret it. If you are below the number, well it depends, if you have the pasta and for example you have kids, I think if it is a good option for the extra cleaning where they play. If your small flat (90% of the population forocochera) with the chuwis you will be like a king.

Well, I have to compare with the roomba 960 and upload videos, I will do it when I find the time.

gauntlet

Re: [REVIEW] Xiaomi Vacuum - Direct contendent for Roomba 98

Postby parani » June 2nd, 2017, 5:37 am

hi !
intested by the Xiaomi MI ROBOT VACUUM
it seems amazing and quite cheap (300 euros )

how about a test with dog ? (Newfoundland dog)
how do you do with stairs (2 floors to clean in my house)

thank you so much & kind regards
parani

Return to All Other Robots