Calling for Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum owners for opinions?

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

Calling for Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum owners for opinions?

Postby technocleaner » May 26th, 2017, 4:39 am

Now that some of you have had the vacuum for a few months, any new or changed opinions of it? I guess hoping to get more than the usual info from those who have used it regularly for now. Mainly the little niggles or nuggets of gold info.

TIA
technocleaner

Re: Calling for Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum owners for opinions?

Postby technocleaner » May 31st, 2017, 6:52 am

No one?
technocleaner

Postby glnc222 » May 31st, 2017, 12:51 pm

It is popular in Germany on Roboter-Forum where Xiaomi has a presence in Europe. They are doing a lot of hacking of the software for the smartphone, repairs and what not. Try the Google translator in Chrome or Microsoft Edge. Shipping from China also cheaper there.
Also other Xiaomi threads this forum and section here.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby BootloopBot » June 12th, 2017, 6:53 pm

Ive been using one for a week now and so far so good. No problems as of now. Love how smart the navigation algorithm is. For what it costs its a steal, no joke!!
BootloopBot

Postby NeilF » July 14th, 2017, 7:05 am

technocleaner wrote:Now that some of you have had the vacuum for a few months, any new or changed opinions of it? I guess hoping to get more than the usual info from those who have used it regularly for now. Mainly the little niggles or nuggets of gold info.

TIA

All fine here...

Only issue I've hit is with breakfast bar stools. If they're aligned in the "wrong way" it means the unit can get lost/beached. I now put them out of the kitched into the extension on vacuum days, so the little robot doesn't encounter them.

I've also noticed in our lounge with a carpet we seem to get a fairly obvious "line" around some units which I assume is from the robot's wheel. After a few repeat robot vacuums this line can become quite defined I guess because there's no foot fall etc to disturb it. However, a vacuum with a "real vacuum" cleaner makes this disappear.
NeilF
Robot Groupie

Postby Kelad » July 15th, 2017, 5:09 am

These are selling like hot cakes in Australia. General view is why spend > $1000AU on a roomba when you can get a Xiaomi for $390AU.
Kelad
Robot Groupie

Return to All Other Robots