Does anyone else make a mopping robot?

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

Does anyone else make a mopping robot?

Postby TheRedDragon » June 21st, 2017, 12:42 pm

I have the Braava Jet and it's a good little robot, but I'm wondering if anyone else makes a mopping robot, or do they have the market cornered?
TheRedDragon

Re: Does anyone else make a mopping robot?

Postby BootloopBot » June 22nd, 2017, 1:00 am

iLife does.
BootloopBot

Postby TheRedDragon » June 22nd, 2017, 1:45 pm

BootloopBot wrote:iLife does.

Would that be the V5?
TheRedDragon

Postby vic7767 » June 22nd, 2017, 2:49 pm

iLife design is similar to the Braava, it is not a Scooba design that squirts cleaning solution, cleans with a rotating bristle brush and squeegees up the liquid using a vacuum motor.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/

http://www.Robot-Doc.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby TheRedDragon » June 22nd, 2017, 2:59 pm

vic7767 wrote:iLife design is similar to the Braava, it is not a Scooba design that squirts cleaning solution, cleans with a rotating bristle brush and squeegees up the liquid using a vacuum motor.

Right. I'm not actually that interested in something that deep cleans or I'd definitely locate a decent Scooba. I'm more interested in something like the Braava, but smarter.

The 380t would be an upgrade toward smarter, but I wanted to see if anyone else had something to compete.

Mostly it's that I have 2 big rooms and hallway that are linoleum and I'd love to find something that would give them a little wash on a regular basis without having to set up barriers and move it room to room.

Currently I have to find objects to put in the openings between each space and tell the Jet to clean, then move it to the next room, then the next. Then I have to remove the objects I used as barriers.

It's a lot of hassle.
TheRedDragon

Postby BootloopBot » June 22nd, 2017, 10:03 pm

iLife even sells some hybrid bots where they can sweep and mop by switching accesories. The only downside is that all of them rely on the random algorithm for navigation which can make multi room cleaning a hassle since you are looking to reduce the work of room preparation and moving the bot manually.
BootloopBot

Return to All Other Robots