2nd Gen Mi Robot Vacuum - RoboRock

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

2nd Gen Mi Robot Vacuum - RoboRock

Postby ZTCB1 » September 23rd, 2017, 1:34 am

A new Xiaomi robot model is coming which beside several upgrades it also features a new function and that is: wet mopping.

It was listed on two sellers that ship internationally and the price range will be around to 600$ !
GearBest
Banggood

Description:
Xiaomi's smart home ecosystem has a new addition today! The new generation of Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner is a highly intelligent home cleaning device improved with 2 in 1 Sweep and Mop. You can not only sweep the floor but also polish your floor with the mopping pad. Can you imagine that you can walk on the floor with bare feet in no need of worrying about the debris or other granules? Absolutely nature lifestyle for you.

The same functions like the first generation:
The Laser Distance Sensor ( LDS ) scans its surroundings 360 degrees, 1800 times per second, to map out the interiors of your house. The three processors track its movements in real-time, and the Simultaneous Localization and Mapping ( SLAM ) algorithm calculates the most efficient route for cleaning. Using the Mi Home app, you can switch on and remotely control the robot, change cleaning modes and set schedules, Additionally, a powerful Nidec brushless DC motor, the main brush with adjustable height and a 5200mAh Li-ion battery for up to 2.5 hours of cleaning, attractive in price and quality, all these make it stand out of the market. Get the Mi Robot Vacuum and dirt will not stand a chance!

Main Features:
● 2 in 1 Sweep and Mop
- Double cleaning: sweep first and then mop the floor
- The filter is root-inspired when the mopping pad is served as leaves to control water flow like a living organism. It can mop the floor constantly for 45 - 60 minutes
● Intelligent Route Planning
Laser Distance Sensor ( LDS ) allows the robot to scan its surroundings at 360 degrees, 1800 times per second, with the Simultaneous Localization and Mapping algorithm to map out the interiors of your home and then provides real-time planning routes, edge cleaning followed by Z-shaped cleaning according to the surroundings
● Three-dimensional Vacuum Cleaning System
With its vacuum system, the robot empower your house a super cleaning like a tornado, with no dust, debris, granule, or any other wastes left, so clean and smooth that you can walk with bare feet on the floor
● APP Remote Control
Customized cleaning area is available, just one click to set wherever you wanna clean with the map in your phone
● 5200mAh Large Capacity Battery
The robot carries 5200mAh Li-ion battery which ensures 2.5 hours cleaning for a house of 250sq.m in full charge
● 2000Pa Super Suction
With a strong power, the robot absorbs all the debris, steel beads, soybeans, dust, millet or any other wastes all in a sudden
● Almighty Helper
- 2cm obstacle climbing
- 2mm Rubber Bumper
- 360 degrees LDS pressure sensor
- 4 anti-drop stair sensors
- 10mm laser edge sensor
- Auto power-off after leaving the floor
- Automatic self-recharging sensor

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
ZTCB1

Re: 2nd Gen Mi Robot Vacuum - RoboRock

Postby calypso » September 23rd, 2017, 5:36 am

Impressive improvements. They are doing great things for the industry.
calypso

Postby ZTCB1 » September 23rd, 2017, 5:54 am

calypso wrote:Impressive improvements. They are doing great things for the industry.

Indeed, they are really upping the standards. I only hope they improve the app and language translation so we will not have to fiddle in half Chinese apps or use community modded translated ones.

I also hope and plan to review one :D
ZTCB1

Postby drog » September 23rd, 2017, 1:23 pm

I'm on the fence between picking up a gen 1 Mi Robot now while they are still available or waiting for gen 2 (or going in another direction). From what I can tell, unless I want the mopping feature (how well do these mopping features work anyway?), I should just grab the original but...

Is the Gen 2 likely to be more reliable with the pressure sensor on the LDS (and is there really a reliability issue with the LDS on Gen 1)?

Will the small increase in power do much for cleaning ability?

Will the Gen 2 ever work with English voice commands?

The pre-sale prices for the Gen 2 robot are more than what I want to spend so this could make my choice easy. Will this vacuum likely be available at a price closer to $400 when it becomes available?

Does anybody know when Gen 2 will be in stores?

Any additional thoughts would be welcome.
drog

Postby ZTCB1 » September 23rd, 2017, 4:00 pm

@drog

I was about to do the same move, especially now that the there are deals as low as 270-280$. Now I'm on hold and thinking about the new model and I do have my lesser units that still work just fine :D

I personally would use the mopping feature if it would properly work, I use it on my ILife for cleaning the kitchen tiles and it's OK, but it's far form perfect, the water is not dosed properly, it's just a controlled drip so the floor gets wet the robot starts to slip, so I'm hoping Xiaomi ruled this off.

From my knowledge the price will be close to 600$ at lunch date...

I will ask my "Chinese" cousins about it's store availability date, maybe they can "share" some extra info.
ZTCB1

Postby drog » September 23rd, 2017, 5:04 pm

Thanks. $600 is way more than I want to spend unless it can clean as well as a full sized vacuum. As long as I still have to manually clean the floors on a regular basis, I'm happy with good enough.

Is Gear Best the best place to order the original from if you live in the US?
drog

Postby drog » September 23rd, 2017, 11:03 pm

So this is basically a DEEBOT R95 with better battery life and suction (and one less side sweeper and only one brush type).
drog

Postby ZTCB1 » September 24th, 2017, 8:09 am

drog wrote:Is Gear Best the best place to order the original from if you live in the US?

I have a few friends in the US and usually it takes 2-3 weeks for packages to arrive from GeaBest. I can also send you a private message with a extra discount coupon that I'm not going to use if you want to.
ZTCB1

Postby drog » September 24th, 2017, 12:18 pm

ZTCB1 wrote:
drog wrote:Is Gear Best the best place to order the original from if you live in the US?

I have a few friends in the US and usually it takes 2-3 weeks for packages to arrive from GeaBest. I can also send you a private message with a extra discount coupon that I'm not going to use if you want to.

Thanks, and yes, if you're not using that coupon I would appreciate it.
drog

Postby ZTCB1 » September 24th, 2017, 12:34 pm

PM sent, but you should hurry, on GB site there are only 6 units remaining :)
ZTCB1

Postby drog » September 25th, 2017, 11:01 pm

Thanks for the code, but there was a glitch and now I can't use it (I could just order it from Hong Kong for the same price though). Back on topic, it looks like $450 will be a common sale price (coupon in link) for the Roborock.

https://www.gizmochina.com/2017/09/21/x ... ng-coupon/
drog

Postby ZTCB1 » October 18th, 2017, 5:11 am

RoboRock is now selling in pre-order for 559$ or here for 599$, I was also right about the price being close to 600$ at it's lunch. After the pre-sale end it may be possible to get some nice discounts for it. Also the gen1 robot goes as low as 269.99$ with a proper discount code (ask me if you need one).
ZTCB1

Postby ZTCB1 » November 10th, 2017, 3:16 pm

The new 2nd gen Mi Robot is already on sale with the 11.11 events, it's now listed HEREfor 499$
Attachments
Capture1234.PNG
ZTCB1

Postby Shazb0t » November 10th, 2017, 8:22 pm

Adding the mopping feature makes me uneasy. It feels like one of those cheap all in one offerings. Are there any serious robot vacuums that add this feature and do it well?
Shazb0t

Postby BootloopBot » November 12th, 2017, 12:32 am

Although i havent owned or tested one yet, the mopping feature is always welcome.
Usually when other bots do "mopping" their sweeping features are almost useless, basic or cut down. However with the Mi Robot 2 at least the bot still keeps the complete sweeping system and navigation of the original one, which was already pretty good by itself.
The only downside is that the price got a huge increase.
BootloopBot

Postby ZTCB1 » November 13th, 2017, 10:09 am

I currently have tow "lower class" robots, an ILIFE X5 and a Haier XShuai T370, both have the wet "mopping" function and I can say that it's mostly useless, the reservoir will drip while the microfiber cloth will wipe, but in a short time the floor gets wet and the wheels start to slip making the robot jam easy and hard to turn making an even bigger puddle and increasing the mess. I'm really curious to see the new gen2 mi robot in "mopping" action. I will probably get one and test it :mrgreen:
ZTCB1

Return to All Other Robots