Roidmi F8 Storm from Xiaomi

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

Roidmi F8 Storm from Xiaomi

Postby djos » June 2nd, 2018, 6:42 am

So it's not actually a robot, but from the same company that brought us the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vac is now coming out with a competitor to the Dyson Stick vac's, the Roidmi F8 Storm.

I managed to get the $269 Secret deal due to backing another of their projects in the past, but even at $289 USD I reckon this is a great deal.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/roid ... 10827835#/

The bluetooth stuff is a bit gimmicky but at half the price of a dyson and including every accessory, I couldn't resist.
Current Robot's:
Neato BotVac 80 w/ Li-NMC Battery , 2x XV11 w/ Li-NMC Battery
iRobot Roomba 561 w/ NiMh Battery & Aerovac Bin, Scooba 380 w/ Li-NMC Battery

Previous Robots:
iRobot Roomba 562PE w/ Aerovac Bin & Sealed-bearing CHM
Evolution Mint 4200
djos
Robot Addict

Re: Roidmi F8 Storm from Xiaomi

Postby BootloopBot » June 6th, 2018, 2:25 am

If i didnt have the Mi Robot i would buy this instantly.
Before i purchased the robot vacuum i was considering a handheld cordless vacuum, almost bought a dyson but ended up with my current robot.
BootloopBot

Postby djos » June 6th, 2018, 2:42 am

BootloopBot wrote:If i didnt have the Mi Robot i would buy this instantly.
Before i purchased the robot vacuum i was considering a handheld cordless vacuum, almost bought a dyson but ended up with my current robot.

I've got 4 robots in the fleet already but I'm finding with 2 young kids is really hard to use them frequently. The only things that get a frequent robot clean are the bedroom's upstairs and the garage (that's the Roomba's job).

My five year old son frequently dumps sand all over the hall way and using the botvac to clean the area is more trouble than its worth. The stick vac will be great for that sort of thing and imo cleaning the cars. Our old Vax is just a pita to lug around and mainly gets used to clean the robot fleet. :D
Current Robot's:
Neato BotVac 80 w/ Li-NMC Battery , 2x XV11 w/ Li-NMC Battery
iRobot Roomba 561 w/ NiMh Battery & Aerovac Bin, Scooba 380 w/ Li-NMC Battery

Previous Robots:
iRobot Roomba 562PE w/ Aerovac Bin & Sealed-bearing CHM
Evolution Mint 4200
djos
Robot Addict

Postby twistdh » Yesterday, 5:37 am

let us know when it arrives! i'm curious about it to replace my vorwerk folletto, but in italy i can order it at 340 euro that it's a lot...
twistdh

Return to All Other Robots