xiaomi vac v1 help

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

xiaomi vac v1 help

Postby Housefly » December 2nd, 2018, 11:28 am

I absolutely love my mi robot vac but now with the xmas tree setup, its wrecking the train we have setup under it. Is there anyway to keep it away from a certain area "virtually"? If the mi doesnt have a feature like that, are there any other vacs out there that do?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Housefly

Re: xiaomi vac v1 help

Postby twistdh » December 2nd, 2018, 2:16 pm

if you have the latest firmware and the latest app (with singapore server or china server) you should have "zone cleaning" on the app...you can't exclude a zone (at least at the moment...), but you can include all the zones except that you don't want to clean.
twistdh

Postby Housefly » December 3rd, 2018, 6:00 pm

Thanks for the quick response and I see what you are talking about with the "zone cleaning". Unfortunately I can't figure out how to set the zone as permanent so everyday it runs on its schedule through alexa, it follows the zones I setup. I would love to be able to say and implement "ok everyday clean everything within the lines I have drawn in here from my floor plan". Looks to me though with the xiaomi it doesn't save the floor plan but learns it everytime it runs.
Housefly

Postby Panache » December 4th, 2018, 11:35 pm

Or get a roll of magnetic tape on amazon and cordon off the area under the tree. Not pretty but can be covered with a mat or a rug
Panache

Return to All Other Robots