Moneual Everybot RS700/RS500

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

Moneual Everybot RS700/RS500

Postby Botty » May 24th, 2019, 8:54 am

anyone have experience of the Everybot RS700 or RS500?

https://www.myrobotcenter.co.uk/en_gb/m ... ybot-rs700

particularly interested in whether the newer RS700 is significantly better than the RS500 for the price difference.

Botty
Robot Addict

Re: Moneual Everybot RS700/RS500

Postby Brett » May 24th, 2019, 10:14 pm

I have one here - I was hoping that this unit had cracked the RoboMopping conundrum. These are my thoughts after testing:

Interesting, but no.
I gave it a burl in my kitchen. I have polished Jarrah floors that were waay overdue a good clean (mopping) but had been vacuumed (aka a Botvac tested) recently. I used water and some cleaner for wood floors that I have had good results from with manual mopping.

> This made no impression on the spots of stuff dropped and dried over the course of normal kitchen workings. So it's definitely a "no" on the "really good at cleaning" stakes – largely as expected and as mentioned by some of the other reviewers.
> Given it's quirky random movement patterns, and small liquid tanks, I'd say you want to trap it in one area to clean at a time.
> It worked for +/-40 minutes, but slows near the end of that, and the "wetness" of the track is much reduced.
> It has two main behaviours: "Floor crossing" – straight-ish lines with a pirouette every meter or so, and "Wall Following" -touch, followed by one end moving round the other end holding still, and another touch, and then the next end moving round the first, etc...

Ultimately, it left cloudy streaks, showing the evidence of the tracks it has made, instead of the really clean sheen I can get with the ol' mop. If I had found the disks (when i took them off afterwards) to be filthy, I might have been more forgiving, the floor was overdue a clean and you can't clean a floor with dirty disks after all? But they were just a little grubby, and when I put them in a little water in the bottom of the sink and squeezed them out they hardly dirtied the water. This fact has been the main one changing me from a *Maybe – depends on your needs* to a *Nah, don't bother*.

That reminds me - I was going to give this unit to one of my customers that has been looking for a Scooba replacement to see if she agrees with my findings...

(-8
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana!
Brett
Robot Addict

Postby Botty » May 24th, 2019, 10:31 pm

Thanks! Funnily enough I read those comments on another forum when you first posted them there. A whirlpool site, I think.

After a bit more looking I’ve ordered the iLife W400 which came out a few months ago and looks like the closest thing to a scooba since they were discontinued. It was exactly the same price as the Everybot on aliexpress so seems to be better value. Reviews are generally positive too, unlike the Everybot which are very mixed. However I might pick up an RS700 in future. They’re not that expensive.
Botty
Robot Addict

Postby Brett » May 24th, 2019, 10:53 pm

Let us know how the W400 goes. I will bite back my prejudices based on the iLife vacs and hope they have cracked the formula.

Actually, if you're in Oz then you take this one for $170 posted - in original packaging, only tested twice. If you're not in Oz then let me know where you are and I can find out - assuming you are interested.

(-8
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana!
Brett
Robot Addict

Postby Botty » May 25th, 2019, 9:19 am

Brett wrote:Let us know how the W400 goes. I will bite back my prejudices based on the iLife vacs and hope they have cracked the formula.

Actually, if you're in Oz then you take this one for $170 posted - in original packaging, only tested twice. If you're not in Oz then let me know where you are and I can find out - assuming you are interested.

(-8

very kind, brett, thank you! i'm actually in the uk, about as far from you as it's possible to get lol. So i imagine postage & import tax would triple the cost of it. But it's a nice thought and I appreciate the offer. If i was 10,000 miles closer I'd definitely accept :D
Botty
Robot Addict

Postby Botty » June 2nd, 2019, 2:45 pm

Brett wrote:Let us know how the W400 goes. I will bite back my prejudices based on the iLife vacs and hope they have cracked the formula.

(-8

Initial thoughts here - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20817
Botty
Robot Addict

Return to All Other Robots