Send it back to the base?

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Send it back to the base?

Postby Kurdsson » January 4th, 2014, 2:41 pm

Does anyone know if you can cancel the vacuming and press a button, or in any other way, make the neato return to the base? I have placed it under a cupboard and would prefer that it found its way on its own instead of me having to crawl on the floor trying to connect it to the base.
Kurdsson

Re: Send it back to the base?

Postby neato » January 4th, 2014, 5:58 pm

You can't just send the Neato back to the base and have it dock any time it is away from it.

The Neato has an option in the menus to return to the base, but it is only visible if the Neato is in a cleaning run and has recognized a base.
neato
Neato Special Guest

Postby Kurdsson » January 5th, 2014, 4:37 am

I started it from the base and after a few minutes I tried to find that option in the menu, but I couldnt find it.
Kurdsson

Postby vic7767 » January 5th, 2014, 11:35 am

Starting the Neato from the home base is not what generates the menu option to return to base. The Neato has to scan and detect the home base while cleaning.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby JEfromCanada » January 5th, 2014, 8:12 pm

Generally, the base is "detected" while doing the perimeter of the room where the base is. Once detected, the option to return to the base becomes available in the menu.

Sometimes, if you're doing spot cleaning near the base, the Neato will sense the base during the spot cleaning exercise and return there automatically when the spot cleaning is completed.
Current robots:
Roomba Discovery 4210 (R.I.P. - Freecycled)
Roomba 560 (retired)
Neato XV-11 SW version 3.1.17844, LDS version 2.6.15295, with Pet Brush and Vic's filter (sold)
Neato Botvac 80 SW version 1.1.97, LDS version 2.6.15295, Board SW version 22753
JEfromCanada
Robot Addict

Postby davidelewis » January 7th, 2014, 1:27 am

As JEFromCanada has mentioned, spot cleaning near the charging base is the easiest way to get your Neato to dock. Like you, I keep the charging base beneath a cabinet in my dining room. That way, the Neato and base are hidden from view when not in use.
Current
Neato Botvac Connected (2.2.0 firmware)
Scooba 5800 with PWR+ NiHM battery
Previous
Neato XV-14 (3.4 firmware) with Lithium Power (LiNMC) batteries
Neato XV-11 (3.1 firmware) with HQRP NiMH batteries
Roomba 580 with wireless remote
Roomba Scheduler 4230
davidelewis
Robot Addict

Postby frogale » April 9th, 2019, 6:32 pm

Sorry for opening old thread.. :help:

Is this "silly" behavior fixed on new Neato products? If Botvac starts from base it should know immediately where the base is and it should return to base at any time. I have borrowed "old" Neato Botvac Connected from my friend and I want buy my own but this "stupidity" of robot is no go for me :cry: :thanks:
frogale

Postby voicegy » April 13th, 2019, 1:12 pm

frogale wrote:Sorry for opening old thread.. :help:

Is this "silly" behavior fixed on new Neato products? If Botvac starts from base it should know immediately where the base is and it should return to base at any time. I have borrowed "old" Neato Botvac Connected from my friend and I want buy my own but this "stupidity" of robot is no go for me :cry: :thanks:

Neato has really grown up in the past few years - so the answer is, yes - not only can I have my Neato D7 return to base at anytime using the Neato app, I can also use Alexa to perform the same with my voice.
voicegy
Robot Groupie

Return to Neato Robotics