Neato Botvac

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Re: Neato Botvac

Postby 3kgt » April 20th, 2014, 9:31 am

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1398000522808.jpg[/attachment][attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1398000536970.jpg[/attachment][attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1398000551181.jpg[/attachment][attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1398000560804.jpg[/attachment][attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1398000580150.jpg[/attachment][attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1398000617710.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1398000617710.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1398000580150.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1398000560804.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1398000551181.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1398000536970.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1398000522808.jpg
Love robot vacums :)
Today: Neato Botvac 70E
Tested: Neato XV-14,15, Signature pro & Irobot 521,581, 630,650,780 + 2 Samsung modells + XV-25 + Scooba 230
3kgt
Robot Addict

Postby Kimblah » April 20th, 2014, 11:01 am

Can Neato comment the wheel design and poor carpet performace over the XV-15? Also what if I cut some of the plastic off behind the wheel, will that void warranty?
Kimblah

Postby 3kgt » April 20th, 2014, 12:52 pm

Kimblah wrote:Can Neato comment the wheel design and poor carpet performace over the XV-15? Also what if I cut some of the plastic off behind the wheel, will that void warranty?

About the carpet performence.. Did 2 tests with both XV 25 and Botvac on same carpets..To be honest the botvac was a bit faster when putting them head to head. did spot cleaning on carpet
Xv with hepa filter + combo brush, Botvacwith my own combo brush + stanard filter. Both Cleaned.

With my first botvac i Thought it was slower, alsaw mainly cause of longer brush + sidebrush + weight. But doing the test today side by side showed diffrently! Overall im much more happyer with my botvac.
1 more comment is that on carpet my XV dose lose more vacuming affect cmpared to the botvac, botvac has a more powerfull suction. But i do use hepa filter + combo brush on my Xv.. Will later even try the XV with regular brush + standard filter.
On hard flor there is no dout that the botvac is faster..So guys im already begining to forget my XV.. its soon history for me

The XV for a regular family and not robot nerds are still a good robot! And now with lower prices
Tested: Neato XV-14,15, Signature pro & Irobot 521,581, 630,650,780 + 2 Samsung modells + XV-25 + Scooba 230
3kgt
Robot Addict

Postby Kimblah » April 20th, 2014, 1:14 pm

About the carpet performence.. Did 2 tests with both XV 25 and Botvac on same carpets..To be honest the botvac was a bit faster when putting them head to head. did spot cleaning on carpet
Xv with hepa filter + combo brush, Botvacwith my own combo brush + stanard filter. Both Cleaned.

With my first botvac i Thought it was slower, alsaw mainly cause of longer brush + sidebrush + weight. But doing the test today side by side showed diffrently! Overall im much more happyer with my botvac.
1 more comment is that on carpet my XV dose lose more vacuming affect cmpared to the botvac, botvac has a more powerfull suction. But i do use hepa filter + combo brush on my Xv.. Will later even try the XV with regular brush + standard filter.
On hard flor there is no dout that the botvac is faster..So guys im already begining to forget my XV.. its soon history for me

The XV for a regular family and not robot nerds are still a good robot! And now with lower prices

Well, in my two carpets the Botvac gets stuck immediately (pictures in previous posts) even without the brushes. It also says that the wheel is stuck in the lcd display... so for me and my carpets the Botvac is useless. At least for now before any modification.
Kimblah

Postby Hurzer » April 20th, 2014, 4:53 pm

Hi,
has anybody found info if the BotVac is smaller than the XVs? So far, the Neato was too high to get beneath coach and shelf, hence I have the Roomba doing the job, although Neato has the smarter solution. But if they don´t reduce height in this model, I need to stick with iRobot.

Anybody has some info as I could not find size on Neato´s website?

Thx!
Hurzer

Postby vic7767 » April 20th, 2014, 5:39 pm

The motorized Lidar assembly is still mounted the same way. I would suspect that the maximum height is the same.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/

http://www.Robot-Doc.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Re: Sv: Neato Botvac

Postby 3kgt » April 20th, 2014, 6:20 pm

Hurzer wrote:Hi,
has anybody found info if the BotVac is smaller than the XVs? So far, the Neato was too high to get beneath coach and shelf, hence I have the Roomba doing the job, although Neato has the smarter solution. But if they don´t reduce height in this model, I need to stick with iRobot.

Anybody has some info as I could not find size on Neato´s website?

Thx!

Ser previews pictures...they are the same in height give or take 1 mm !?
3kgt
Robot Addict

Postby glnc222 » April 21st, 2014, 12:55 am

side brush quirk

When used on designer or other chairs with steel tube legs, with the same over-high bumper as previous models, Neato climbs the tubular steel chair legs flat on the floor (and can get trapped sometimes). Even if not trapped, If the side brush is the same as Vorwerk's with its magnetic fastening, the magnet pulls the brush off onto the steel. Neodymium magnets are very strong.
[edit] one user mentioned heat shrink on the hex brush shaft creating a tight fit into the brush works to hold it enough.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby chris-s » April 21st, 2014, 3:34 am

French review here :
http://www.lesnumeriques.com/aspirateur ... st-complet

I have still not read, but pay attention, they are not always fair in their reviews.
EDIT : I have reat it... some big mistakes.. it seems that the girl who made the review doesn't know Neato very well... So don't bother doing a google translate and better wait for Kelrobot's review. ;)

Another review on Kelrobot blog will come soon, and the tester is 100% reliable.
Chris, FRANCE
Neato XV-15 since May 4, 2012
Scooba 230 since May 31, 2012
Braava 380 since May 25, 2013
Botvac 85 since September 30, 2014
chris-s
Robot Addict

Postby Hurzer » April 21st, 2014, 5:30 am

That´s a shame. The only improvement that would have really brought value add would have been the ability to reduce the necessity for manual cleaning. The Roomba simply reaches a larger area due its lower height. A larger brush is no meaningful improvement and even the Botvac does not reach the level of the (expensive) Vorwerk yet.

Will wait if the Miele Scout is a good alternative.
Hurzer

Postby frenchie » April 21st, 2014, 8:05 am

chris-s wrote:French review here :

I have still not read, but pay attention, they are not always fair in their reviews.
EDIT : I have reat it... some big mistakes.. it seems that the girl who made the review doesn't know Neato very well... So don't bother doing a google translate and better wait for Kelrobot's review. ;)

Another review on Kelrobot blog will come soon, and the tester is 100% reliable.

Well, it does that say that the next software version (3.4) should be available in a couple of weeks ;)
frenchie

Postby overdose » April 21st, 2014, 9:35 am

chris-s wrote:French review here :

Well , it says : running time a bit over 1h. Still don't have any information about how many runs it can do.

And I still not understand why it doesn't push the air up. Like the review says, blowing the air out from the back, make the pet air fly everywhere.
overdose

Postby Kimblah » April 21st, 2014, 1:06 pm

Carpet problem solved! Neato, time to do some redesigning and give me a some kind of reward :D

I used a Dremel and cut of the plastic behind the wheel. I also had to remove the plastic liner behind the brush as it was facing more forward than the one in the XV-15 and causing a lot of resistance when the Botvac was in a carpet. I think I can put a modified version back in. I also think that it doesn't have huge impact in cleaning performance.

IMG_0018[1].JPG
Kimblah

Postby glnc222 » April 21st, 2014, 1:33 pm

I also had to remove the plastic liner behind the brush as it was facing more forward than the one in the XV-15 and causing a lot of resistance when the Botvac was in a carpet.

Sounds like the same effect of the squeegee blade on the XV fixed by the cardboard slider modification. Removing the squeegee can reduce dirt extraction on hard floors. The Neato sinks down into carpets pushing the blade in too far causing drag. The slider lifts it up just a tiny bit. There is a delicate balance involved in the design.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby Kolenka » April 22nd, 2014, 12:36 pm

Well, I took a chance with the 80s made available by AimToFind and received it last night. Unfortunately, my time with it is limited because of a manufacturing defect.

The bumper on the wall-facing side has a bad switch and/or spring mechanism. There's nothing returning it to position after being pressed in, and no real "click". So I'm getting bumper stuck errors, and when I don't, if it touches anything the wrong way, it starts backing up like a cat you just trapped under a laundry basket. It's a shame, because even the early tests seem to say it does grab stuff better, even along carpeted walls.

So now I need to see how long it will take to get a good one, and who will be the one to do it (AimToFind or Neato).
Roomba 980, Roomba 960
Previous: Roomba 650, Botvac 80, Botvac D80, Botvac Connected. Deceased: XV-21, XV-11, XV-28
Kolenka
Robot Groupie

Postby Kimblah » April 22nd, 2014, 1:46 pm

Kolenka wrote:Well, I took a chance with the 80s made available by AimToFind and received it last night. Unfortunately, my time with it is limited because of a manufacturing defect.

The bumper on the wall-facing side has a bad switch and/or spring mechanism. There's nothing returning it to position after being pressed in, and no real "click". So I'm getting bumper stuck errors, and when I don't, if it touches anything the wrong way, it starts backing up like a cat you just trapped under a laundry basket. It's a shame, because even the early tests seem to say it does grab stuff better, even along carpeted walls.

So now I need to see how long it will take to get a good one, and who will be the one to do it (AimToFind or Neato).

I had a same problem on my 70e. There might be an easy fix for. At least on my unit it was. Remove the bumber and after removal you can see a little plastic "knob" on both corners under the bumber. I had to lower the other knob by cutting some of the plastic. After this it the bumber work normally.
Kimblah

Postby invenio » April 22nd, 2014, 2:13 pm

Kimblah wrote:
Kolenka wrote:Well, I took a chance with the 80s made available by AimToFind and received it last night. Unfortunately, my time with it is limited because of a manufacturing defect.

I had a same problem on my 70e. There might be an easy fix for. At least on my unit it was. Remove the bumber and after removal you can see a little plastic "knob" on both corners under the bumber. I had to lower the other knob by cutting some of the plastic. After this it the bumber work normally.

This is quite worrisome regarding manufacturing quality. There are only a few units on the street and already people are reporting similar problems. I really hope this is just bad luck and not representative of the overall quality of the new bots.
Robot: Neato Robotics XV-11 (with Vic's HEPA filter mod)
invenio
Robot Addict

Postby 3kgt » April 23rd, 2014, 5:28 am

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1398245259843.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1398245259843.jpg
3kgt
Robot Addict

Postby 3kgt » April 23rd, 2014, 5:32 am

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1398245314427.jpg[/attachment]
Tried modifying the brushes with other types of brushes and finaly gave upp... takes 2 damn much time but its possible to fix it
Finaly i did a mode wich i will put a clip on youtube later and show you.. now i can stand the sound of the botvac. But still not so happy with the brushtype itself.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1398245314427.jpg
3kgt
Robot Addict

Postby chris-s » April 23rd, 2014, 5:33 am

Here are some videos that will be integrated to the future review that will be published very soon by Kelrobot.fr :
https://www.youtube.com/user/Kelrobots/ ... =dd&view=0

The information I already have is that the Botvac has performed the same result as the VR100 equipped with blade brush of the Neato on the "Sugar test".
Chris, FRANCE
Neato XV-15 since May 4, 2012
Scooba 230 since May 31, 2012
Braava 380 since May 25, 2013
Botvac 85 since September 30, 2014
chris-s
Robot Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Neato Robotics