Braava Jet pads backorder -- something new coming?

News and information about the iRobot Braava - formerly the Evolution Mint Robotic Cleaner. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Braava Jet pads backorder -- something new coming?

Postby jdong » January 5th, 2017, 3:32 pm

I went on a wild goose chase trying to buy some Braava Jet pads yesterday. It was backordered (and double the usual price) on Amazon, and my local Bed Bath only had 2 boxes of wet mopping pads left, nothing else.

Makes me wonder if there's something imminently to be released, like improved cleaning pads or something.
jdong
Robot Addict

Re: Braava Jet pads backorder -- something new coming?

Postby jdong » January 5th, 2017, 3:32 pm

Oops sorry, I posted this in the wrong area...
jdong
Robot Addict

Postby babakonda » January 6th, 2017, 2:47 pm

I noticed that in the USA, there is now a 3-pack of washable cloths available consisting of wet+damp+dry reusable pad (as opposed to Europe where there's only a single, reusable WET pad available). No issues ordering the usual disposable pads, though.
babakonda
Robot Groupie

Postby Tofu » January 10th, 2017, 7:00 pm

Strikes me as somewhat unlikely that iRobot would change their consumable Braava supply designs right now. They've only just begun with this model, and according to their investor presentation deck it's going very well and represents a new, promising line of revenue from new markets for the company. I would be skeptical they would sacrifice the goodwill of their first customers by throwing out compatibility with their first investment.

Additionally, iRobot will need to sell replacement pads for existing Braava Jet customers for a long time (and I'm sure they'll have no sad feelings doing so).

I would guess it's a standard re-supply/re-stock issue.
Tofu

Postby jdong » January 10th, 2017, 7:22 pm

I didn't mean to imply they were completely redesigning the robot or its consumables. I just suspect they may rev the consumables.

I can't go into details but I already know they've done this in the past given some interactions I had with support that ended up turning into a very productive troubleshooting effort with engineering. The pads you have now have already been subtly redesigned.
jdong
Robot Addict

Postby Tofu » January 10th, 2017, 7:33 pm

Oh, very interesting! A minor update with backwards compatibility. Sounds like a productive approach.
Tofu

Return to iRobot Braava - Evolution Robotics