String on 400 series

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

String on 400 series

Postby newmom » February 7th, 2019, 7:35 pm

I have been gone from the list for a long time but am back. I repaired a Dirt Dog today and it looks and runs great, until I test it on low pile carpet then the brushes drag. I felt certain I replaced the string to the deck housing. If I did, Is it possible that I may have put the motor in backwards? I could take it apart again but just wondered if there might be anything else to check on before I take it apart.
New Mom to four irobots
newmom
Robot Addict

Re: String on 400 series

Postby vic7767 » February 7th, 2019, 9:12 pm

What you suspect is probably the issue. With friction applied by the base of your open palm against the spinning brushes, the brush deck should attempt to raise up. This test is hard to do unless you put the DD into the self test mode and advance to the brush test. Be careful, there are no safety stops in the test mode.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Re: String on 400 series

Postby newmom » February 7th, 2019, 9:58 pm

Thanks very much Vic. I will give that test a try.
New Mom to four irobots
newmom
Robot Addict

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat