D3 Schedule won't take ECO mode

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

D3 Schedule won't take ECO mode

Postby fmulders » March 2nd, 2019, 5:51 am

Hi all,

I am trying to get Neato's attention to a bug in the Robot Schedule for the D3.
They tell me it is because the D3 is not supporting that feature, but I think that is not true. Can anyone with a D4/5/6 or 7 try this and let me know the result. (perhaps it's not working for all models!)

• Just set a schedule in the app where you choose to run in ECO mode.
  • Save this of course.
  • Leave the Robot schedule module
  • Go back into Robot schedule and look what settings the robot retrieves from the Neato server.

For my D3 it revert the ECO setting back to Turbo, so it is not possible to schedule an ECO run.
As there is a possibility to run in ECO mode manually, this should also work via a schedule. You can even choose it when creating a schedule, so I think this is a bug on Neato's side. What do you think?

The final answer I received from Neato support was a link to the product spec's where ECO mode was not mentioned, so not supported!
Duh..
fmulders
Robot Groupie

Re: D3 Schedule won't take ECO mode

Postby redpoint5 » March 5th, 2019, 7:29 pm

I had a moment of weakness and bought a D5 when it was $200. My D3 I got for $160 in December only has 10 runs on it so far.

Anyhow, now that I have a D5, I'll test and report back. It's just about to complete the first mapping run.

...and 15 min after posting this, the bot finished. So the schedule only allows me to set the day and time. I'm assuming the bot just uses whatever you've got it set to (eco or turbo, or gentle touch or normal). I see no way to set this from the schedule
redpoint5
Robot Groupie

Postby fmulders » March 6th, 2019, 4:13 pm

Hi Redpoint5,

The schedule in the app looks like this.
As you can see At the Cleaning Profile I can select "ECO".
Even if you save the schedule you can recognise the leaf icon for eco.
But after you leave this Robot Schedule and go back in later, both my schedules show the Turbo icon.

Do you have the same with your D3 and D5?

eco-2.jpeg
Attachments
eco-1.jpeg
fmulders
Robot Groupie

Postby redpoint5 » March 7th, 2019, 8:29 pm

I don't have that option. I've got the latest app for the iPhone, and scheduled for the D5. I removed the battery from my D3, so don't have the ability to schedule it at the moment. Perhaps it's a difference between iOS and Android? Difference between D3 and D5?
redpoint5
Robot Groupie

Postby Enya » March 21st, 2019, 4:11 pm

It's true, I have set Tuesdays and Thursdays as Eco but it automatically turns to turbo. I have a D5.
In the iOS app I can't schedule neither eco nor turbo. In the Android app I can but it turns to turbo after I leave the schedule module .
Enya

Postby fmulders » March 21st, 2019, 4:28 pm

Thanks for checking.
It is now taken to the software development department of Neato. Hopefully they fix it for next release.
fmulders
Robot Groupie

Return to Neato Robotics