Neato D5 won't recognize floor plans

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Neato D5 won't recognize floor plans

Postby Enya » March 30th, 2019, 11:43 am

Since yesterday, when my neato started it's scheduled cleaning session it won't proceed because it says it doesn't recognize the floor plan. I have a two story house so I move the charger and the bot to clean up and down stairs. So far I had not had this type of problem. Yesterday,after the error message, I ran it again and the second time it recognized the floor plan but today no matter how much I insisted it wouldn't run and kept saying it did not recognize where it was. Had to create a new map again :roll:
Anyone encountered something similar?
Enya

Re: Neato D5 won't recognize floor plans

Postby Enya » March 30th, 2019, 1:26 pm

I tried running the robot to create a floor plan twice and it completely ignores a room it used to clean before with the older floor plan. I see the robot has updated to version 4.4.0-72 before I had any issues it was version 4.3 maybe that's why it's having trouble with the floor plans? :think:
Enya

Re: Neato D5 won't recognize floor plans

Postby MATTGB_UK » June 15th, 2019, 8:03 am

Yep I've been getting this issue for a while now and I never move the base station. I think the pattern matching is much too sensitive. For example if my footstool is in a different position or a curtain is partially drawn then the robot just refuses to recognise the room. Yes I setup the room same way when I do it - but more often than not I am at work or something and so someone else has to do it for me and humans are not robots so no-one does exactly the same way.

Need to be able to reduce sensitivity and/or override and say "please clean regardless, you're in the right room!"
MATTGB_UK

Return to Neato Robotics