Mint getting stuck in office chair - it doesn't back up

News and information about the iRobot Braava - formerly the Evolution Mint Robotic Cleaner. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Mint getting stuck in office chair - it doesn't back up

Postby mig_akira » July 9th, 2011, 5:23 pm

Hello everyone!

My mint has just arrived, and so far I'm very pleased with it. It's a fine addition to my Roomba, mopping after the Roomba cleans the floor.

But I noticed one problem, my Mint has a tendency to get stuck in a few places, like under my office chair. The cube is on, and there was 1 solid blue light on the mint.

The problem is that it only tries to go forward. It tried to get out for about 3 minutes before I myself freed it. Is this normal behaviour, or it normally would have gotten out of the place it was stuck? I took a photo to show the way it was.

Also, another doubt, does the mint in mop mode cleans the edges of the walls too, or only on swipe mode?

Thanks!

Mint stuck under chair

Cube distance to the chair:
mig_akira

Re: Mint getting stuck in office chair - it doesn't back up

Postby mig_akira » July 12th, 2011, 3:04 am

Well I didn't want to keep moving the chair everytime I would run the Mint, so I found a walkaround:

Now I just gotta find a way to keep the cat from trying to pull off Mint's cloth! =)
mig_akira

Postby djos » July 15th, 2011, 12:03 am

mig_akira wrote:Now I just gotta find a way to keep the cat from trying to pull off Mint's cloth! =)

That's easy, put the cat outside. :lol:
Current Robot's:
Neato XV-11 w/ Pet Brush-bar & Filter, 3500mAh Batteries
iRobot Scooba 380

Previous Robots:
iRobot Roomba 562PE w/ Aerovac Bin & Sealed-bearing CHM
Evolution Mint 4200
djos
Robot Addict

Postby mig_akira » July 27th, 2011, 3:48 pm

I would, but it's an apartment cat! They'll just have to learn to get along! (which they don't, my Mint is still being bullied by the cat, lol)
mig_akira

Return to iRobot Braava - Evolution Robotics