Roomba PET 564 vs. 770 - which model is better?

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Roomba PET 564 vs. 770 - which model is better?

Postby BoRGoUSh » April 10th, 2012, 3:54 pm

Hello guys,

Me and my wife´ve decided to buy one iRobot Roomba. I can´t decide which model type is best for our purposes. Now to describe our situation:

We are couple that´s expecting baby in couple of months, we have three cats so we have lots of cat´s hair on the floor each day and are sick of getting rid of it. We don´t have carpets in our flat, just wodden floor.

So I wanted to ask you what do you think, which type of Roomba will fit us best. (If you´d recommend a cheaper - different model, go for it...).

The main reason we want to buy the 564 PET version is that this version deals best (I think) with animal hair.
The main reason we want to buy the 770 version is longer durability of the battery and maybe better disassembling / cleaning of the CHM.

So my questions are: Is the 770 model so far better (removing cat´s hair as good as PET version & battery durability) that it´s worth buying it? Is the PET 564 model worth buying it? Or is there a cheaper model that could be enough for our purposes?

At the end please excuse my poor english. It´s not my mother language. Hope my questions are good understable.

Thanks a lot for your help,
John
BoRGoUSh

Re: Roomba PET 564 vs. 770 - which model is better?

Postby vic7767 » April 10th, 2012, 4:29 pm

You might save some money and get the 564 Roomba. Then order the Aerovac dust bin accessory to use with it.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/

http://www.Robot-Doc.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby Jubo » April 11th, 2012, 2:32 am

The 564 already comes with aerovac bin and 1 extra set of brushes, filter & sidebrush. It also comes with the new pet Halo virtual wall.

If you go for this model, I'll rather you get the 550 from costco at $279 compared to $449 as they are both the same but 550 comes with 2 extra set of brushes, 3 filters & 2 sidebrushes. For that difference in price, you can get many more halo VW.
Jubo
Robot Addict

Postby Boomerang » April 11th, 2012, 6:35 am

If you do go for the 564 or 550, you may want to get Vic's CHM mod after the warranty expires. This will stop debris from entering the brush ends. I have a 4 year old 580 which I added the AeroVac bin and have the CHM mod. The 580 works extremely well. I have one short hair cat. All robots need some maintenance to extend their life. You can check this forum for maintenance needed.
"The Boomerang" - iRobot Roomba 580 - Neato XV-21
Boomerang
Robot Addict

Postby Boomerang » April 11th, 2012, 6:35 am

If you do go for the 564 or 550, you may want to get Vic's CHM mod after the warranty expires. This will stop debris from entering the brush ends. I have a 4 year old 580 which I added the AeroVac bin and have the CHM mod. The 580 works extremely well. I have one short hair cat. All robots need some maintenance to extend their life. You can check this forum for maintenance needed. :D
Boomerang
Robot Addict

Postby BoRGoUSh » April 11th, 2012, 7:12 am

Thanks a lot for your advices,

the problem is that I live in central Europe so I can´t reach costco unfortunately :(...
the 550 model costs 530 USD here in Czech Republic, 564 PET version costs 583 dollars and 770 version costs 663 dollars, so there is not so much to think about buying PET version instead of 550 version for me, but the 80 dollars difference, between 564 and 770 version is still on my mind...

Anyway none of you recommended me the 770 version, so u guys think that 564 version will be good enough for me? Some people write on our country´s forums, that the 5xx battery won´t work for more than two years, so I´m kind of worried and this improvement looks good for me. Also if the 770 model has improved cleaning mastery and CHM, than it might be good... but is it really so better that it´s worth 80 bucks?

Thanks a lot for helping me anyway. I really appreciate that.
John.
BoRGoUSh

Postby Boomerang » April 11th, 2012, 3:26 pm

BoRGoUSh wrote:Thanks a lot for your advices,

the problem is that I live in central Europe so I can´t reach costco unfortunately :(...
the 550 model costs 530 USD here in Czech Republic, 564 PET version costs 583 dollars and 770 version costs 663 dollars, so there is not so much to think about buying PET version instead of 550 version for me, but the 80 dollars difference, between 564 and 770 version is still on my mind...

Anyway none of you recommended me the 770 version, so u guys think that 564 version will be good enough for me? Some people write on our country´s forums, that the 5xx battery won´t work for more than two years, so I´m kind of worried and this improvement looks good for me. Also if the 770 model has improved cleaning mastery and CHM, than it might be good... but is it really so better that it´s worth 80 bucks?

Thanks a lot for helping me anyway. I really appreciate that.
John.

Check the comparison chart at iRobot:
http://store.irobot.com/comparison/inde ... 0.12345372.

The price difference isn't much. Also check this forum.....there is a new message regarding new model numbers going to Europe in June.
Boomerang
Robot Addict

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat