Carpet and hard floor robot cleaner?

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Carpet and hard floor robot cleaner?

Postby vhrobles » February 25th, 2013, 10:44 pm

Hi, I was wondering if anybody knows abut a carpet and hard floor robot cleaner. So far I've only seen hard floor cleaners in some websites like Amazon. Thanks!
vhrobles

Re: Carpet and hard floor robot cleaner?

Postby vhrobles » February 25th, 2013, 10:48 pm

I mean like a some robot that has a washing/mopping function like some of the Romba have, but for carpets :)
vhrobles

Postby ctp5717 » February 27th, 2013, 2:10 am

Washing carpet uses an exorbitant amount of water and energy. I don't believe there's adequate technology to have a robot do this for us. I may be wrong but that's my understanding.
ctp5717

Postby vhrobles » February 27th, 2013, 4:27 am

It makes sense. What about steam? Would it be the same case?.. sorry if these are basic questions but I'm new in all this.
vhrobles

Postby Phane7 » February 28th, 2013, 7:06 pm

It's not a good idea to have any kind of battery operated device with a heating element. Producing heat electrically (i.e. for steam) involves running electrical current through a circuit with high resistance. This is exactly the opposite of what you traditionally do for battery operated devices. Less resistance = more efficiency = longer battery life. So any kind of heating element in any battery powered device will bleed the battery dry.
Phane7

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat