Mi Robot vacuum

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

Re: Mi Robot vacuum Robot that doesn't scratch wood floors

Postby proudx » October 22nd, 2018, 10:59 am

I have some dark soft hardwood floors and I see several post that the Roombas can scratch hardwood floors, I have not seen any post that the Mi Robot version 1 or 2 does it. Can/does it happen with the Mi Robot on softer hardwood floors? If not what is it about the design that improves this over the Roombas.
proudx

Posts: 1
Joined: 4 minutes ago
proudx
 
Posts: 2
Joined: October 22nd, 2018, 10:54 am

Re: Mi Robot vacuum Robot that doesn't scratch wood floors

Postby NeilF » October 22nd, 2018, 11:04 am

I'd imagine it is possible... But very unlikely.

I guess you'd need someone to reply back with such a floor to comment in this question first hand?
NeilF
Robot Addict
 
Posts: 109
Joined: June 2nd, 2017, 4:52 am

Re: Mi Robot vacuum

Postby twistdh » October 22nd, 2018, 5:49 pm

i have 2 different wood floor (i don't remember the wood's essence) and the mi robot V1 doesn't scratch it. it's not so hard, but also not so soft. in the bathroom the wood is softer but the robot doesn't scratch it. i use it from more than 1 year, and my parquet is only treat with oil, so the micro-scratches it's impossible to see and the robot is unable to make bigger scratch.

in my opinion the mi robot can't scratch hardwood, because it has soft rubber wheel and the front little wheel is light and can rotate.

what kind of wood do you have?
twistdh
 
Posts: 27
Joined: November 19th, 2017, 10:24 am

Re: Mi Robot vacuum

Postby proudx » October 23rd, 2018, 2:50 pm

twistdh wrote:i have 2 different wood floor (i don't remember the wood's essence) and the mi robot V1 doesn't scratch it. it's not so hard, but also not so soft. in the bathroom the wood is softer but the robot doesn't scratch it. i use it from more than 1 year, and my parquet is only treat with oil, so the micro-scratches it's impossible to see and the robot is unable to make bigger scratch.

in my opinion the mi robot can't scratch hardwood, because it has soft rubber wheel and the front little wheel is light and can rotate.

what kind of wood do you have?


African Mahogany khaha, janka 850 to 1070.
proudx
 
Posts: 2
Joined: October 22nd, 2018, 10:54 am

Re: Mi Robot vacuum

Postby twistdh » October 25th, 2018, 5:03 am

@proudx: African Mahogany is relatively soft...i don't think that mi robot can scratch it, but i'm not shure. as soon as possible i can check the hardness of my parquet for comparison.
twistdh
 
Posts: 27
Joined: November 19th, 2017, 10:24 am

Re: Mi Robot vacuum

Postby jesi » October 30th, 2018, 3:04 pm

Sorry for spamming, foud out that V2 is missing some features and i have spent whole night looking for some resolution for this, but no luck :(

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20721

Please keep that topic clear, only for related info!

Thanks!
jesi
 
Posts: 41
Joined: November 30th, 2011, 11:47 am

Re: Mi Robot vacuum

Postby BootloopBot » December 15th, 2018, 10:21 pm

Sad to see that some members are having issues with their brand new units.

Mine is currently 1.5 years old and has gone through 390 hours of cleaning, a couple of water puddles and tons of random stuff stuck in the brushes but still works perfectly. Hoping for many more years. :cheers:
BootloopBot
Robot Groupie
 
Posts: 53
Joined: June 10th, 2017, 2:35 am

Re: Mi Robot vacuum

Postby youkier » February 9th, 2019, 7:28 am

Hi,

I have a xiaomi robot vacuum V1.

I am looking for a way to turn it off remotely (a command ?)
It is plugged to a smart socket. I currently turn off the smart socket when battery is fully charged than I turn off the robot by pressing 3s the power button...
I am using the miio protocol to send information to the robot. But I do not find any command to turn it off.

Do you have any solution for it ?

Thanks
youkier
 
Posts: 2
Joined: February 9th, 2019, 7:26 am

Re: Mi Robot vacuum

Postby Brett » February 11th, 2019, 2:54 am

youkier wrote:... I currently turn off the smart socket when battery is fully charged than I turn off the robot by pressing 3s the power button ...

DON'T!

I sounds like a good idea, but these machines manage charging in a smart way, and even though the LED light stays on the charger turns itself off anyway.
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana!
User avatar
Brett
Robot Addict
 
Posts: 441
Joined: November 2nd, 2009, 8:50 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Mi Robot vacuum

Postby NeilF » February 11th, 2019, 6:17 am

youkier wrote:Hi,

I have a xiaomi robot vacuum V1.

I am looking for a way to turn it off remotely (a command ?)
It is plugged to a smart socket. I currently turn off the smart socket when battery is fully charged than I turn off the robot by pressing 3s the power button...
I am using the miio protocol to send information to the robot. But I do not find any command to turn it off.

Do you have any solution for it ?

Thanks

If you're really worried put the charger through a plug timer? ie: So it doesn't charge all over night etc?

But TBH, not sure the power you'd save would even pay for the plug over a couple of years...
NeilF
Robot Addict
 
Posts: 109
Joined: June 2nd, 2017, 4:52 am

Re: Mi Robot vacuum

Postby youkier » February 17th, 2019, 6:22 pm

Thanks for your answers

DON'T!

I sounds like a good idea, but these machines manage charging in a smart way, and even though the LED light stays on the charger turns itself off anyway.

Will it damage the battery ?

If you're really worried put the charger through a plug timer? ie: So it doesn't charge all over night etc?

But TBH, not sure the power you'd save would even pay for the plug over a couple of years...


I do have one. But turning the plug off isn't enough, the robot just goes in a sleep mode that consumes battery. After turning off the plug I have to press the start button of the robot for 3 seconds to turn really the robot off.
I am trying to find out the right command to do it using a script. But without success !
youkier
 
Posts: 2
Joined: February 9th, 2019, 7:26 am

Re: Mi Robot vacuum

Postby BootloopBot » April 8th, 2019, 12:07 am

No issues with mine being plugged 24/7. I would say you should put your smart plug in another device because it is not necessary with the vacuum.
BootloopBot
Robot Groupie
 
Posts: 53
Joined: June 10th, 2017, 2:35 am

Re: Mi Robot vacuum

Postby tnrskr » April 27th, 2019, 1:52 pm

Hi. I own Xiaomi vacuum 1. I recently got error 3 code. The device stopped. He got better when he tried to recharge. What do you think is the reason?Thanks. :roll:
tnrskr
 
Posts: 1
Joined: April 27th, 2019, 1:46 pm

Re: Mi Robot vacuum

Postby RUPERO » Yesterday, 6:16 am

The near Neato laser robots have a specific confinement. Right when a room has two paths and the configuration heads over to return the room from a substitute point, the item fails to see the as of late cleaned room, and props up around the great circle.
RUPERO
 
Posts: 1
Joined: May 11th, 2019, 6:35 am

Re: Mi Robot vacuum

Postby Brett » Yesterday, 11:14 pm

Image

(-8
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana!
User avatar
Brett
Robot Addict
 
Posts: 441
Joined: November 2nd, 2009, 8:50 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Previous

Return to All Other Robots

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blueangel007, BrettS, im1kissfan, jdong, leonicholson, mobzd, symbol, Vetekli, Zzz and 178 guests