What is best robot vacuum for husky hair?

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

What is best robot vacuum for husky hair?

Postby edwardmorrison » February 20th, 2019, 2:59 am

I need a good robot vacuum for my husky hair. we have two dogs that shed a fair amount, so I want a beater brush to get the pet hair out of the rugs. I've played with a few Dysons- the bristles on some of them are really stiff. One of their newer super compact models (DC50) has a brush roll with alternating rows of soft and stiff bristles. I think the soft row is almost perfect (could be a tiny bit less soft). I'd consider buying it and trimming the rough bristles down, but reviewers ream it for being underpowered and the cleaning head is a little narrow.

Anyway, I've searched the forums and google, and I haven't been able to identify a clear winner for a vacuum that fits this usage model. The Wirecutter recommends Ecovac Deebot N79, while Get Cleaning Done recommends irobot Roomba 980. What do you think about these two options?
edwardmorrison

Re: What is best robot vacuum for husky hair?

Postby Griffin » March 29th, 2019, 3:23 pm

We're happy with our Roomba so far. In fact, I feel that you don't have to go as far as the 980. I just think the extras on the 980 aren't worth the price. We're on the roomba 690 only and we have a hairy pup too! I like how it can actually go back to its home base when it's already low on battery. What I don't like about this robot though is that it has the tendency to eat up wires and get stuck too. We've had this one time where the Roomba got stuck in our roomba and it just died in there.
Griffin

Return to All Other Robots