Neato d5 won't update

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Neato d5 won't update

Postby lolka » May 11th, 2019, 5:52 pm

Hey guys!!
Justbought the neato d5 and I am very happy about its performance at home. However, a message appeared for software update on my app, but when I tap on software update, a message about an error with the wifi comes up.

The neato is actually connected to the wifi.
I tried to reset by pushing the right side and the start button, but it doesn't work.

A usb cable has been provided in the box, any chance to download a firmware from the website or through another method?

Please help :) :thanks:
lolka

Re: Neato d5 won't update

Postby glnc222 » May 11th, 2019, 7:22 pm

Just my opinion, but when brand new units have any kind of issue I would contact customer service and maybe even return the unit for replacement or seek warranty coverage. It is not like dealing with a used unit one that has something worn out over time. You paid for a working device.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby fmulders » May 12th, 2019, 4:29 am

How is your WiFi protected?
Perhaps there is a mismatch with your security setup.
It can even be the case that your password for WiFi is the cause.
I suggest to enable a guest account in your router and set a simple WPA2 - TKIP protection. Just to try.

If this does not help, --> Neato Support or customer service from the supplier.
fmulders
Robot Groupie

Postby glnc222 » May 12th, 2019, 9:28 am

WiFi security features have become complicated and sometimes built into the routers, which have extensive instructions with some of them for elaborate features. These seem to be more relevant to commercial, office installations with important local networks to protect. Instructions with the robots tend to say they are incompatible with such features and require simple set ups of the routers. Managing network equipment is a specialty so complicated. There is equipment and software for technicians to trouble shoot networks. Best Buy's Geek Squad?

There is a difference between operating the robot from a smart phone inside the house, connecting through the local router, and using the phone outside the house, going through the internet to the house router, where the latter may be protected against remote access. If the bot can work from the phone outside the house, via internet, then the company remote server supplying updates should also be able to operate.
Updates also depend on those servers. In some cases they might not be responding at all times and can get over loaded etc. This can also vary with country and region depending on local company infrastructure and service.
glnc222
Robot Master

Return to Neato Robotics