i7 Firmware Update

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

i7 Firmware Update

Postby BoxerBoi76 » June 9th, 2019, 5:12 pm

Troubleshooting firmware update issue with my i7’s - iRobot support says they won’t update if my i7 shows it’s communicating with the MQTT Broker. Best I recall, the app has always showed that and I’ve had several firmware updates on these. They’re currently at 1.6.6.

Can one of you with an i7 see what the following says for you? iRobot app-> More-> Settings-> WiFi Settings-> Robot WiFi Details-> Connectivity Status - what does this show?

Also, do you currently have firmware 2.0.6 / 2.0.8 / 2.0.9 on your i7?
BoxerBoi76

Re: i7 Firmware Update

Postby Transammatt » June 9th, 2019, 5:37 pm

Mine says robot is communicating with MQtt broker.
iRobot on the most part has good customer service they will eventually get your robot fixed are working but it takes a lot of time. But yes mine has been updating fine saying MQTT broker. But at the same time I am waiting for the new update I’m on 1.6.6
Transammatt

Postby BoxerBoi76 » June 9th, 2019, 5:46 pm

Transammatt wrote:Mine says robot is communicating with MQtt broker.
iRobot on the most part has good customer service they will eventually get your robot fixed are working but it takes a lot of time. But yes mine has been updating fine saying MQTT broker. But at the same time I am waiting for the new update I’m on 1.6.6
Transammatt, thanks for the reply. I’ve had a case open with iRobot which they closed a month or so ago on the firmware update issue with no resolution - they simply stated roombas are being upgraded in batches and mine would receive it as well as long as they’re online. I opened another case yesterday and they’re now saying “since your unit is communicating to MQTT broker it would be unable to get updated“. It’s always shown that best I recall. Nothing on my router has changed and I can fully manage my i7 over the internet so it’s clearly able to get out (isn’t being blocked). I suspect they’re having issues with 2.0.6 as I’ve had others tell me they had 2.0.8 and 2.0.9 pushed to theirs.
BoxerBoi76

Postby Transammatt » June 9th, 2019, 7:53 pm

I’m waiting patiently also. Here is a link that I use for the release notes if you’re interested .
https://homesupport.irobot.com/app/answ ... se%20notes
Transammatt

Postby BoxerBoi76 » June 9th, 2019, 8:18 pm

Transammatt wrote:I’m waiting patiently also. Here is a link that I use for the release notes if you’re interested .
https://homesupport.irobot.com/app/answ ... se%20notes
Apparently those release notes are not current. On reddit, multiple folks allegedly had 2.0.8 & 2.0.9 pushed to their i7’s.
BoxerBoi76

Postby bytemaster0 » June 10th, 2019, 1:18 pm

Running 2.0.9. I called in to iRobot, they escalated a firmware update request to next tier support. Update came next day. 1.6.6 and prior had some serious navigation issues, sometimes the bot would be dumb as a box of rocks when it got lost. 2.0.9 is a HUGE improvement in navigation, efficiency and handling differences in your environment vs. map. Call in and they'll get it pushed to your device. Highly recommend it.
bytemaster0

Postby BoxerBoi76 » June 10th, 2019, 2:47 pm

bytemaster0 wrote:Running 2.0.9. I called in to iRobot, they escalated a firmware update request to next tier support. Update came next day. 1.6.6 and prior had some serious navigation issues, sometimes the bot would be dumb as a box of rocks when it got lost. 2.0.9 is a HUGE improvement in navigation, efficiency and handling differences in your environment vs. map. Call in and they'll get it pushed to your device. Highly recommend it.
I had a case open and was on the phone with support and was told mine would be escalated to have 2.0.6 installed and then received an email stating I had to wait until it received it. It’s been almost two months.
BoxerBoi76

Postby BoxerBoi76 » June 10th, 2019, 8:34 pm

bytemaster0 wrote:Running 2.0.9. I called in to iRobot, they escalated a firmware update request to next tier support. Update came next day. 1.6.6 and prior had some serious navigation issues, sometimes the bot would be dumb as a box of rocks when it got lost. 2.0.9 is a HUGE improvement in navigation, efficiency and handling differences in your environment vs. map. Call in and they'll get it pushed to your device. Highly recommend it.
Called in again today and asked to have my case escalated to have 2.0.9 pushed to both of my i7’s. They said it would take up to 48hrs so we’ll see.
BoxerBoi76

Postby BoxerBoi76 » June 11th, 2019, 1:40 pm

Just got 2.0.9 on both i7’s and testing now!
BoxerBoi76

Postby BoxerBoi76 » Yesterday, 4:48 pm

BoxerBoi76 wrote:Just got 2.0.9 on both i7’s and testing now!
After several days of testing, 2.0.9 does noticeably improve the i7 functionality and behavior of my i7’s.

However, they still do not compete with the s9 based on multiple reviews I’ve read and watched: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uZHwAu2rw48
BoxerBoi76

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat