Braava M6 Threshholds

News and information about the iRobot Braava - formerly the Evolution Mint Robotic Cleaner. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Braava M6 Threshholds

Postby alvin » June 13th, 2019, 11:07 pm

I got a new Braava and it's having serious problems climbing up thresholds - it's barely half 0.5cm and is rounded and the Braava still isn't able to get up. It gets halfway up and then goes backwards and gives up.

Anyone know if there's a hack to get it to work? I've tried taping the drop sensors with no luck
alvin

Re: Braava M6 Threshholds

Postby mattshup » Yesterday, 10:44 am

I think thats just how sensitive the M6 is going to be with thresholds and bumps. iRobot customer support told me that it will only go over anything 3mm or less.

On another note though, what would be nice is if they could push out an update where it would be able to back up over a threshold and then continue on, similar to how it backs up to its own dock.
mattshup

Postby leonicholson » Yesterday, 11:05 am

I would imagine it is due to its carpet avoidance bumper, like the 380t.
leonicholson
Robot Addict

Postby alvin » Yesterday, 2:34 pm

Funny enough, my 380t got through the thresholds fine. The Braava gets halfway up before giving up and turning around which is frustrating

What's the point of imprint if you're stuck carrying it around from room to room
alvin

Return to iRobot Braava - Evolution Robotics