i7 Exchange for s9 Promotion

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

i7 Exchange for s9 Promotion

Postby BoxerBoi76 » Yesterday, 4:55 pm

After several cases with iRobot, I was told this last week “We have an ongoing promotion for Roomba i7 customers that have purchased the Robots within 6 months from iRobot or an Authorized Retailer to be returned for a full credit to purchase the Roomba S9.”

I’m planning on returning my i7’s in exchange for s9’s.
BoxerBoi76

Re: i7 Exchange for s9 Promotion

Postby Foster6565 » Yesterday, 7:55 pm

How does that work? I messaged them and didnt get that answer?
Foster6565

Postby alvin » Yesterday, 10:14 pm

When I called, they said it has to be purchased from iRobot
alvin

Postby BoxerBoi76 » Yesterday, 10:17 pm

Foster6565 wrote:How does that work? I messaged them and didnt get that answer?
After I inquired, I received this, “You will have to contact us to have a phone interaction to receive further instructions about the upgrade.”
BoxerBoi76

Postby BoxerBoi76 » Yesterday, 10:19 pm

alvin wrote:When I called, they said it has to be purchased from iRobot
Yes, here’s the process as explained to me. If you’ve purchased an i7 less than six months ago, you can return it to the place of purchase as long as it’s an authorized dealer and get your full purchase price back. You then have to purchase the s9 from iRobot.
BoxerBoi76

Postby Julian » Today, 11:58 am

Is this US only or are any of you folks in other countries? Is it actually available anywhere other than the USA yet? I suppose given that July 12th is the official release date in Europe maybe they wouldn't be talking about it over here yet but if it's being done in the USA then perhaps there's hope for us in EMEA.

Looking at my receipts I see that I actually bought my i7+ from a third party not direct from iRobot but a quick internet search revealed that it is one of the 9 official resellers in the UK (https://www.irobot.co.uk/store/where-to-buy) so if the same promo gets to the UK then it looks as if I might be OK.

I must say that I think it's pretty decent of iRobot to do this. OK, it was a bit wierd that after years of somewhat incremental updates all of a sudden we get i7+ and s9+ in such close succession but early adopters really should know that there is always a risk of something like that happening. One can't really expect a company to either delay something really hot to give the previous new product more time in the spotlight if competitors are snapping at their heels, or start leaking the very latest upcoming product and kill sales of what was just released, so stuff like the i7+/s9+ thing can happen on occasion. Such a painless upgrade would be a huge bonus for me. If they do give the UK that offer I'd probably even stock up on a load of spare bags at the high prices on the official store before switching to buying the much cheaper no-name copies as a thank you to iRobot!

- Julian
Julian
Robot Addict

Postby Foster6565 » Today, 1:59 pm

Contacted irobot via phone and was told they can only honor on a case by case basis but it MUST be purchased from there website. If I wanted to try the exchange personally I'd need to contact the retailer I purchased from which was bestbuy. So I contacted bestbuy and the department I need to speak to is currently closed.
Foster6565

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat