S9+ error codes 25,26, and 34 and not responding to app?

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

S9+ error codes 25,26, and 34 and not responding to app?

Postby stoutkix » July 14th, 2019, 10:07 am

I have bought and sent back 3 S9+'s and I'm on my 4th one now and having the same issues with it.

After mapping my house when I use the app to begin a cleaning session if I pause the Roomba it will not resume, respond, or even go home. I will get an error code 25, 26, or 34. I have to go hold the clean button down for 20 seconds and restart it and put it back on the home base. I could start a cleaning session and it would clean and return back to the cleaning base as long as I didn't interrupt the cleaning or pause it with the app. It did clean better than any Roomba I've ever owned. I have an i7+ that works great. In my opinion the S9 does clean better. However from using app with the S9+ it just isn't even functional. You can't even pause a cleaning or tell it to stop or go home or go clean somewhere else. My i7+ never had any of these issues and it always ran great.

Anyone else have this problem? Any pointers? I told iRobot I'll wait 3 weeks for an update and if its not fixed then I will be returning it for a full refund.

I told them also I would still like to have an S9+ but to contact me when they get all the bugs worked out. Which I suspect will be a few months. Because I bet they are getting tons of returns. I also may just wait for whatever Roomba they come out with after the S9 since the S9 is a complete re-design and new and maybe buying what succeeds it will be the better version of the S9.
Last edited by stoutkix on July 14th, 2019, 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stoutkix

Re: S9+ error codes 25,26, and 34 and not responding to app?

Postby bytemaster0 » July 14th, 2019, 12:28 pm

Haven't had any connectivity issues with the S9+ - is your WiFi stable? Usually a good place to start.
bytemaster0

Postby stoutkix » July 14th, 2019, 3:34 pm

bytemaster0 wrote:Haven't had any connectivity issues with the S9+ - is your WiFi stable? Usually a good place to start.

Thanks for the response

My wifi router is the Netgear X10 and I have a cm1100 modem. I do a lot of work online so my wifi setup is very fast and stable. My i7+ responds to it. I also bought the Braava Mop M6 and it also responds to it too. So I don't think its an issue on my end with my wifi setup. I even switched the wifi frequency from 5.8ghz to 2.4ghz and still the same problems. I'll take another look into my router and maybe make some adjustments and see or reset it to default and see if that will fix anything. Ive made some adjustments to it to improve the overall speed on my router but none of this has affected my other two wifi connected robots. I'll try resetting to default and see if that changes anything.
Attachments
Internet speed test.jpg
Last edited by stoutkix on July 14th, 2019, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stoutkix

Postby stoutkix » July 14th, 2019, 4:37 pm

I changed my router to the default settings and my S9+ is still doing the same thing. My other two wifi connected iRobots work fine. So I definitely think this is some sort of app or software issue.

I think iRobot released these way too early without testing them enough. I will probably end up sending this one back and just wait a few months maybe Black Friday and purchase another one when hopefully they have all the bugs worked out. For now I'm actually surprised at reading all the issues everyone has been having and surprised I had issues with mine. Its pretty disappointing, but I'm looking forward to hopefully hearing they get all this cleaned up soon and I'll be watching the posts on this forum to see if things improve with the S9+.
stoutkix

Postby Transammatt » July 14th, 2019, 7:11 pm

I’m hopeful too, but not holing my breath. I went back to my trusty i7. It’s doing the last training run now.
The s9 would not even move on thicker carpet. So I had to send it back. I have 20% carpet only the test hardwood. Now if you have only hardwood floors and iRobot gets rid of the bugs, then test it will be the robot to buy and beat!!
Transammatt

Postby stoutkix » Yesterday, 1:09 am

Transammatt wrote:I’m hopeful too, but not holing my breath. I went back to my trusty i7. It’s doing the last training run now.
The s9 would not even move on thicker carpet. So I had to send it back. I have 20% carpet only the test hardwood. Now if you have only hardwood floors and iRobot gets rid of the bugs, then test it will be the robot to buy and beat!!

I also went back to my trusty i7+. I was getting ready to sell it on Amazon but decided I needed to make sure the S9+ worked before shipping off my i7+ to sell it. I'm happy I kept it. I would say the only thing I don't like about the i7 is the battery is only 1800mah. They also changed the connection on it so any aftermarket companies would have to alter the lithium ion replacements they have made for all the other roomba series to fit the i7 properly. iRobot is doing their best at keeping you spending money only on their batteries. I have an older 700 series roomba. I changed the Ni-mh battery that was 1800mah and heavy to a Lithium Ion 4400mah battery and it went from running for about 1 1/2 hours to 3 1/2 hours. It was an awesome upgrade at that time. Wish I could put a bigger battery in my i7 or it would be nice if iRobot would at least offer a 3600mah replacement lithium battery for the i7. I would be nice to get my house cleaned in one sitting. I cant get my entire house cleaned in one sitting with a tiny 1800mah battery in the i7.
stoutkix

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat