!!!!BLACK-FRIDAY ROOMBAS!!!!!

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

!!!!BLACK-FRIDAY ROOMBAS!!!!!

Postby mag48 » November 11th, 2007, 11:53 pm

Well some places have already began posting there black friday ads, and a few are offering roombas, I figured I would start a list of places having good deals on roombas for that day. So far there is :

Kohls-99 doller roomba, no model info, Im guessing its going to be the one they sell, Sage-Grey 2 virtual walls, aps charger, and of course the bot, Not bad!

Biglots- 169 Roomba Discovery, Not sure how good of a deal this is, but atleast they're selling it :)

Sears-99 Roomba also, No idea on the model, probably one they have previosly sold?

If anyone finds any others feel free to post, Scooba, Dirtdogs are accepted to. :P

*I think I'm going to go for that 99 roomba from Kohls, and order a used homebase from amazon. Be careful out there :D
Proud Owner of Frank (sage) and Lenny Linolium (Scooba 5800), Bandicoot(Discovery SE), Survivor (Remanufactured Discovery)
mag48
Robot Addict

Postby dueltommycha » November 12th, 2007, 12:12 am

when is black friday...?
dueltommycha
Robot Groupie

Postby Fraggboy » November 12th, 2007, 12:16 am

The 23rd. Friday after Thankgiving!! The busiest day of shopping. Stores make alot of profit that one day.
Chris

:confusion-shrug:
Website Question? Check out the FAQ section.
Roomba/Scooba Question? Check out the READ FIRST section.
:text-search:
Before posting, check out the improved Search engine. Your question might have been answered already.
Fraggboy
Robot Master

Postby RC Eden Carpet Cleaning » November 12th, 2007, 12:33 am

dueltommycha wrote:when is black friday...?

You have to be one brave soul to venture out on black friday! :D
RC Eden Carpet Cleaning
Founding Member

Postby dueltommycha » November 12th, 2007, 1:10 am

Why should I be a brave soul? The things are really cheap, I need a new cheap roomba because mine is having some issues.
dueltommycha
Robot Groupie

Postby fancyfreewv » November 12th, 2007, 1:25 am

OBVIOUSLY you have never gotten up at 3am on the Friday after Thanksgiving, trudged to the store with the sale prices and "limited" items if you get there before 9am or something, then battled a crowd of screaming Mothers after the toys or clothing to get into the door (if you can even do that without falling or getting bruised up. )

Then if you get to the item that is fast dwindling off the pile, three women with dagger nails grab the same box and you all battle over it until the store security guard sets you all straight.

OBVIOUSLY - or you are a masochist. :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:
Nancy - Mom to 3 Furbabies - Bentley, Chelsea, Whiskey & 3 Roombas - 535 (Half Trax) and 560 (Shadow) and Dirt Dog (Old Yellow)
fancyfreewv
Robot Addict

Postby RC Eden Carpet Cleaning » November 12th, 2007, 1:45 am

dueltommycha wrote:Why should I be a brave soul? The things are really cheap, I need a new cheap roomba because mine is having some issues.

Yes yes how many times have you participated in the shopping madness!? Things are CHEAP but have you ever tried to get the item that everyone else is trying to get as much as you are!! You read the ads then as Fancyfree said you get up at 3am wait in the line in front of the store that opens at 9. Its dog eat dog, no one cares about anything but getting what they want.

Black friday is one of the few times I have ever REALLY lost my temper with a complete stranger. It was over a grill at target. We started in (9am) and both headed in the same direction, then he cut off down an aisle trying to deceive me but I knew he was heading for the grills. I started an all out sprint to get the their before he (I'm a reserve police officer). Go figure we get their at the same time and engage in "combat". :D

BTW: I got the grill. :D
RC Eden Carpet Cleaning
Founding Member

Postby dueltommycha » November 12th, 2007, 2:04 am

Naw, i'm 15 and i've never went shopping that late. Never knew what black friday was until this year.
dueltommycha
Robot Groupie

Postby BlueWolfCry » November 12th, 2007, 4:20 am

RC Eden Carpet Cleaning wrote:
dueltommycha wrote:Why should I be a brave soul? The things are really cheap, I need a new cheap roomba because mine is having some issues.

Yes yes how many times have you participated in the shopping madness!? Things are CHEAP but have you ever tried to get the item that everyone else is trying to get as much as you are!! You read the ads then as Fancyfree said you get up at 3am wait in the line in front of the store that opens at 9. Its dog eat dog, no one cares about anything but getting what they want.

Black friday is one of the few times I have ever REALLY lost my temper with a complete stranger. It was over a grill at target. We started in (9am) and both headed in the same direction, then he cut off down an aisle trying to deceive me but I knew he was heading for the grills. I started an all out sprint to get the their before he (I'm a reserve police officer). Go figure we get their at the same time and engage in "combat". :D

BTW: I got the grill. :D

haha nice on the grill! I'm gonna be camping out at bestbuy the night before!
BlueWolfCry

Postby Fraggboy » November 12th, 2007, 7:52 am

You all are "Brave Souls" who venture out on Black Friday!! :shock: I know things are cheap, but I like not having any bruises/cuts/claw marks!!! :lol:
Chris

Before posting, check out the improved Search engine. Your question might have been answered already.
Fraggboy
Robot Master

Postby itsarobotbrain » November 12th, 2007, 11:12 am

the past couple years, i've taken advantage of the black friday sells- lounging in my pjs drinking coffee.

you gotta love the internet. many retailers will have the same deals online.
itsarobotbrain
Robot Groupie

Postby rdalemercer » November 12th, 2007, 2:10 pm

I take the week before Thanksgiving off and do all of my shopping in those three days (M, T & W). Normally - the shelves are full, all of the sales are already "on" and I don't have much of a problem getting the things that are on my list. I also purcahse on-line and get some great deals that way too.

Sure I "miss" the occasional "limited quanitity if you get up at 3 a.m. and wait in line until 9 a.m. when the store opens special that saves you $20" deal...but that's OK with me. My time and sanity is worth more to me.

Black Friday then becomes a day that I can venture out "if I want to" -- but it's usually to watch the squabbles that erupt between three women with dagger nails going after the same thing :) or two guys batttling over a grill :) or... well, you get the picture.

Hapyy Black-Friday-ing!!
Scheduler, Discovery and now a 570!
rdalemercer

Postby fancyfreewv » November 13th, 2007, 12:16 pm

Fraggboy wrote:You all are "Brave Souls" who venture out on Black Friday!! :shock: I know things are cheap, but I like not having any bruises/cuts/claw marks!!! :lol:

Hmmmm let's see a hypothetical now.....

One grill = Normally $159 on sale on Black Friday before 9am $59
Money saved = $100

Bruises and cuts and so forth requiring emergency clinic visit = $75
Torn shirt = $39
Gas to get to the mall for Black Friday, emergency clinic and replacing torn shirt = $6 average these days

Re: itsarobotbrain: The internet for shopping = PRICELESS

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nancy - Mom to 3 Furbabies - Bentley, Chelsea, Whiskey & 3 Roombas - 535 (Half Trax) and 560 (Shadow) and Dirt Dog (Old Yellow)
fancyfreewv
Robot Addict

Postby Fraggboy » November 13th, 2007, 1:24 pm

Way too funny Nancy!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Thx for the laugh!!
Chris

Fraggboy
Robot Master

Re: !!!!BLACK-FRIDAY ROOMBAS!!!!!

Postby jrstark » November 13th, 2007, 6:11 pm

mag48 wrote:Kohls-99 doller roomba, no model info, Im guessing its going to be the one they sell, Sage-Grey 2 virtual walls, aps charger, and of course the bot, Not bad!

Looks like Red:
http://downloads.bfads.net/BFAds-Kohls.pdf

Shows a red photo, also regular price $149.99 (page 11 )

Biglots- 169 Roomba Discovery, Not sure how good of a deal this is, but atleast they're selling it :)

Haven't found this one yet, but Biglots sells a lot of refurbished on electrical items.

Sears-99 Roomba also, No idea on the model, probably one they have previosly sold?

http://downloads.bfads.net/BFAds-Sears_2007.pdf

Photo is green, says regular $149.99 (page 8 )

*I think I'm going to go for that 99 roomba from Kohls, and order a used homebase from amazon. Be careful out there :D

Is the rapid charger also a home base? If you have a Kohls charge card (or a relative who has one) they mailed out a coupon for 15% off single use that lasts until Dec. 15.
jrstark

Postby fancyfreewv » November 13th, 2007, 8:20 pm

I believe the charger is the actual "brick" that plugs into the wall and the other end either plugs directly into a Roomba OR into the home base. Some models are sold with a home base and some are not. Older charger used to take many hours and rapid type is about 3 hours.

So if this advertisement is for a "rapid charger" it's the newer style "brick" but not necessarily the home base.
fancyfreewv
Robot Addict

Postby fancyfreewv » November 13th, 2007, 8:40 pm

No Roombas but I just got an email that the local outlet mall is opening at midnight Thanksgiving so you can walk off your turkey dinner and shop.

It gets worse every year!!

If you shop from midnight until 8am you can save 25% at most stores.

Geezzz I guess you can sleep later.
fancyfreewv
Robot Addict

Black Friday Ads

Postby moetgolf » November 14th, 2007, 10:43 am

As an iRobot Employee I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but the Black Friday sale items @ Kohls & Sears will be the Roomba 4000 (DCR) that comes with a one button Roomba, slow charger (7 hours) & a cleaning tool. The 4210 @ Big lots will be a-Quality goods as opposed to refurbished units. I also believe that Amazon will be featuring Roomba's that day as will Costco but I don't think they're cutting price.

Good luck and happy buying!
moetgolf

Postby THX-1138 » November 14th, 2007, 11:08 am

Thanks for the heads up moetgolf, please post here more often. :wink:
THX-1138
Robot Master

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat