Hello. Long time, no see. I have been busy with my life, raising our new Son, who is 6 months old. Let's say that my life has been turned upside-down, but in a great way!
Anyways, I came across on indegogo, that Dr. Cynthia Breazeal, with her talented team, which ranges from Apple, Netflix, iRobot, and IBM to name a few is in the process of creating JIBO, a family robot that has a lot of talent of its own, as well as expanding its use with developer tools!
In short, JIBO can interact with every family member, remember them, deliver messages, take pictures, and socialize with family members. It can also be used with Apple, and Andriod apps to interact with JIBO. You can also 'call' family members, and talk/see family from afar, and you will have the ability to move JIBO's 'head' around so you can see other family members.
JIBO has these features:
- 2 Hi-Resolution cameras, which can recognize, and track faces, capture photos, and can be used with video calling.
- JIBO has 360-degree microphones and it's teamed up with natural language processing which assists in communication with JIBO anywhere in the room.
- Artificial Intelligence algorithms learns your preferences to adapt and fit in your family.
- JIBO is like a personal assistant.
- JIBO also helps you with reminders, and messages.
Some cool information about JIBO:
If you want to contribute in getting your own JIBO, or want to research more about it, you can find it here.